Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Try This Tuesday: Dressing warm


Photobucket


I posted not too long ago about how Little Bitty insists on wearing a Thomas t-shirt pretty much every day. Normally not a big deal, but with the weather getting colder, it has been a challenge (unfortunately, we don't have any winter clothes with Thomas on them, but we're on the lookout for some). If I get something else out of his closet, he runs back to the closet saying, "Tommy!"

He refuses to wear a jacket, coat, or sweatshirt, and when I say "refuses," I mean it takes an all-out wrestling match on the floor to get one of these items on him, which he then promptly removes. There have been a couple of exceptions when I was able to bribe or distract him long enough to slip something warm on him but most days that doesn't work.

So today I thought of something new to try, it's so simple I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. We have several plain turtlenecks & long sleeve shirts, so I slid one of those inside his Thomas t-shirt (because I know he wouldn't let me put it on separately) and put the two on together, saying "time for your Tommy shirt!" He got annoyed because it didn't feel right, and he tried to take it off, but I quickly hurried him downstairs to get his morning sippy cup and that calmed him down enough that he forgot about the shirt. Then I gave him his book fair flyer to look at and he was a happy camper :). So now he gets to wear a Thomas shirt - without covering up the Thomas picture - and still be dressed warm. Yay! :)







If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

5 comments:

My Three Sons on November 11, 2008 at 12:25 PM said...

I think that whatever works, works. Good thinking mom, know you both can agree!

Anonymous said...

Great solution - isn't it amazing how the answer can be staring us in the face sometimes! And he's totally hip now. :)

Anonymous said...

When I started reading I thought "She should put a long sleeve shirt UNDER Tommy", then I continued reading..... May I just say that great minds think alike. :)

Anonymous said...

Great idea!

Jenny on November 12, 2008 at 12:32 AM said...

Smart Mommy, you are! Way to come up with a creative solution!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin