Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Success!!!


Bitty hasn't shown any interest in potty training for quite a while. At home, anyway. His teacher said he's doing great with it at school. I guess once he gets home he figures it's time to kick back and relax with his pullups, and he has resisted our efforts to get him on the potty at home. The few occasions he has gone on the potty, he has "missed," (he wouldn't aim or let anyone help him aim) which resulted in a big puddle on the bathroom floor.

Well, when I got home from work today, dh told me he had gone pee-pee on the potty. Not just ON the potty, but IN the potty. Woo-hoo!

But wait, there's more! Not long after that, I noticed Bitty looking like he needed to go, so I asked if he needed to go potty. He said no, but when I took his hand and led him into the bathroom he didn't complain. I helped him up, and he did it! Yay!

Then he got up, but got right back on the potty, saying "mo'" (more). So I asked if he needed to go poo-poo. He didn't answer, but he stayed there and sure enough, he did. What's funny is that he kept getting down, wiping, flushing, and then getting back up there because there was "more." LOL I lost count of how many times he got up and down, but he did all of his business in the potty and I was so impressed! It really caught me by surprise, like it just clicked.

I guess we'll see over the next few days if this was an isolated incident or the start of a new developmental milestone, I'm hoping for the latter!





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!! :D

Jenny on November 11, 2008 at 10:55 PM said...

Oh, that's so awesome! We have made no progress in my house with this issue. I think I may work on it over Christmas break. I'd love any tips you have to offer!

My Three Sons on November 12, 2008 at 1:33 AM said...

Good job. I guess I really need to get on the ball and get Carson going. Hope he continues to aim in for ya.

Amazing_Grace on November 12, 2008 at 8:06 AM said...

Oh, it took forever to get my son potty trained! I tried everything and nothing worked. Finally, when he was four (yes, 4!) I had him get dressed with underwear and shorts and told him if he needed to go to the potty, use it. If he had any accidents, he had to change his clothes and put them in the washer and clean up the mess on the floor. Needless to say, he was completely potty trained by the end of the day. LOL!

Elizabeth Channel on November 12, 2008 at 1:29 PM said...

Good times! Such a relief when they finally get it!

Anonymous said...

Yea Bitty!!!

danette on November 16, 2008 at 5:42 PM said...

@jenny - I wish I had some tips, it really was just him deciding to do it one day... we've been showing him what to do for nearly a year with no results until now.

@amazing grace - LOL, now there's an idea :)

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin