Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Momdot Blog Party Day 6: Holiday memories


Click on the graphic above to go back to the main post


Brought to you by Flying Colors Baby, Uncommonly Cute and Lollipop Book Club.

Day #6 Topic: Favorite holiday memory from YOUR childhood

One of my favorite holiday memories is when I got to help be "Santa" for my little brother for the first time. I don't remember exactly how old I was (maybe 7 or 8) and I had started to suspect that Santa wasn't "real." I was afraid to ask because if it turned out he wasn't and I confirmed it, then he might just stop coming to our house. LOL

I finally got up the nerve to ask my parents about it, and we agreed that I wouldn't spill the beans to my brother (he is 5 1/2 yrs younger so he would have been about 2-3 yrs old at the time). Not only that, but since I was now in on the big secret, I could help "be" Santa.

It was great! I was so excited to wait up after he went to sleep and help put out the presents from Santa. Of course, the best part about playing the role of Santa is getting to help eat the cookies that we left out for him :). Yum!

Here we are on Christmas day, 1981. Isn't he a cutie?







If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

11 comments:

~Michelle~ on November 19, 2008 at 12:27 PM said...

How fun! My oldest son finally got a chance to help 'play' Santa last year when he was 11 and he finally gave in that he didn't believe in Santa anymore. My 11 year old this year is still 100% convinced that there's a Santa!

Jen on November 19, 2008 at 12:45 PM said...

I think so, but then again, I'm biased... :)

Anonymous said...

His big Sissie is a cutie, too! No bias!

Melissa on November 19, 2008 at 1:04 PM said...

yes, he was a cutie Pie!
Great story!!!

Tena on November 19, 2008 at 2:25 PM said...

Aww, I love that you got to help be Santa!
I love theat picture of the two of you!

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind on November 19, 2008 at 6:51 PM said...

How fun that you got to help be Santa. What an important job!

Staci A on November 19, 2008 at 7:00 PM said...

What a great story! I'm sure you had a wonderful time helping out and making sure he still believed. Very cute photo!

TeachinAuntie on November 19, 2008 at 7:04 PM said...

Aww, he is a cutie!

BTW-Your link is working for me!

Unknown on November 19, 2008 at 9:18 PM said...

that's sweet! love the picture.

Sandy on November 20, 2008 at 7:39 AM said...

What a sweet memory. Thanks for sharing:)

Momstart on November 24, 2008 at 5:21 PM said...

awww, how cute

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin