Monday, November 24, 2008

Mondays in Motion #10: Artist at work


Mondays in Motion!


Recently I caught Little Bitty on film while he was sitting on my lap drawing. He surprised me with the level of detail in his drawings, especially for being only 3 and having fine motor issues. He's actually doing pretty good with his grip (yay!) although he still alternates drawing with each hand (trade off whenever one gets tired I suppose). He drew several cats (complete with whiskers!) and "happy faces."



Here's a sample of his finished work. It's a little faint in places, hopefully it will show up ok. The first one is a cat, you can see his face, ears and fluffy fur on his head, whiskers, body, and paws (front paws at least).


This one is his happy face :).



It's your turn! If you don't make it today, feel free to join in anytime during the week. :)










If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

4 comments:

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander on November 24, 2008 at 9:16 AM said...

Aw, what great drawings! I love keeping my kiddos artwork too. It's great to see what they can do and their perspective on things.

Debbie @ Three Weddings on November 24, 2008 at 3:00 PM said...

Wow! Those are great! I just posted Peanut's happy face so I love having something to compare to. She's not in the same category as Bitty, but I was still proud of hers. Looks like you may have a future artist on your hands.

Anonymous said...

He did such a great job! How cute! I LOVE that cat! :D

If handwriting/pencil grip is ever a problem, Google Handwriting Without Tears. It's a great program that I've started with Daniel at the recommendation of his OT. It's a multi-sensory approach to handwriting and learning letters. I thought it was fairly inexpensive for the few things we bought, I think it's great. Just a thought. :)

I'm organized enough to link up this week. Yay!! I was hoping you hadn't given up on me. lol!

Elizabeth Channel on November 27, 2008 at 10:37 AM said...

These *are* good! I agree with Julie! I am using Handwriting Without Tears for both my boys.

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin