Monday, November 24, 2008

Momdot Blog Party Day 9: Best Christmas Gift Ever!


Click on the graphic above to go back to the main post

Brought to you by jaC Jewelry, Cutie Covers and Sassy Baby.

Day #9 Topic: Most unusual gift you have received? Best gift? Do you re-gift?

The best Christmas gift ever, was Christmas 2000. I was 10 weeks pregnant and went in for my first appt (it was the earliest they could get me in) on December 21, 2000. At the doctor's office that day, we got to hear the baby's heartbeat. First we just heard background noise and then all of a sudden there it was, a strong and fast little heartbeat! It sounded like a train. The doctor said she thought I was a little big for 10 weeks, so she scheduled us for a sonogram the next day to see how far along I was.

The next day, just three days before Christmas, we went back for a sonogram. Here's an excerpt from my journal:

"The radiologist doing the sonogram turned to me and said, 'So,the doctor thinks you're a little big for 10 weeks? You want to know why?' We were expecting to hear that we were a month ahead of schedule, but instead she said, 'You're having twins!' She showed us on the screen, and sure enough, there were two little babies in there! We couldn't believe it. It was amazing to watch them, both wiggling and kicking, and we could see their hearts beating."


It was three days early, but that is a Christmas gift I will never forget - Merry Christmas, you're having twins!

Note: Obviously Little Bitty's arrival was every bit as much a gift (and at that point, finding out we weren't having twins again was exciting news, hehe) but just didn't coincide with Christmas. At Easter time, I'll have a story to share about him :).






If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

17 comments:

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander on November 24, 2008 at 9:09 AM said...

What an exciting entry into your journal. That was a pretty cool Christmas gift.

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind on November 24, 2008 at 11:21 AM said...

You sure can't bet that! How wonderful.

Trish on November 24, 2008 at 11:51 AM said...

That would be a great gift!

Erin Tales on November 24, 2008 at 12:22 PM said...

LOL! Funny! I wrote about the birth of Lochlan as a Christmas Gift. And the birth of Keeg was just as special - but it happened in summer.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't even imagine! I found out I was pregnant with Daniel right after my birthday...that was a great birthday present! :D

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama on November 24, 2008 at 1:24 PM said...

That is an awesome story!!

debi9kids on November 24, 2008 at 2:22 PM said...

What a FANTASTIC Christmas present!

Celina on November 24, 2008 at 3:03 PM said...

Wow! Amazing Christmas present! You must have been shocked!

Momstart on November 24, 2008 at 4:36 PM said...

how wonderful

Anonymous said...

That's the gift that keeps on giving!

Tena on November 24, 2008 at 5:41 PM said...

awww, gifts don't get better than that!!

Jenny on November 24, 2008 at 7:54 PM said...

What a special Christmas-time memory for you!

Unknown on November 24, 2008 at 10:04 PM said...

how cool (and scary!) is that???

Staci A on November 24, 2008 at 10:53 PM said...

What a sweet present! I'm sure nothing could top that!

Anonymous said...

awww... that made me a bit misty.

Anonymous said...

I still remember the phone call! You're right - that tops the list of best Christmas presents!

Elizabeth Channel on November 27, 2008 at 10:50 AM said...

That is so sweet! What a great Christmas!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin