Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We voted (finally)!


After waiting in line for 4 hours yesterday, we were finally able to vote!  Thankfully we were only outside (in the freezing cold, not to mention wind!) for the first 1½ hours.  The rest of the line was snaking around the inside of the building, Disneyland-style (or airport-security style, take your pick LOL).  We got to the polls 20 minutes before they opened and there were already cars parked all up and down the side of the road as the two nearby parking lots were full.  Good thing we dressed warm and brought hot chocolate :).  I hadn’t planned on taking a half day off from work, but I’m glad we went when we did.  Who knows what the rest of this week and next Tuesday will be like!

 

Despite the wait, I feel very strongly that voting is a privilege and our responsibility as citizens.  Our armed forces put their lives on the line every day to preserve our freedoms as well as the freedoms of those around the world, and that freedom includes the right to vote.  I realize that technically that means we also have the right to not vote if we so choose, but IMO if you don’t vote, you can’t complain about the outcome ;).  Whoever you decide to vote for, whether it be one of the two main candidates, a third-party option, or even a write-in, please take the time to make your voice heard!  In addition to the national election, there are state and local elections going on as well where your input is needed.  Ok, I’m off my soapbox now! J

 

So, if you’ve already voted did you encounter long lines also?  If not, are you planning to vote early or wait for the big day next Tuesday?  This is the first time we’ve ever voted early, but with the turnout expected we thought it might be a good idea.

 

5 comments:

Rebecca on October 29, 2008 at 7:54 PM said...

We voted early (last week). I guess I don't have to tell you who got my vote, LOL!!!!

It is so important, as you said, to vote. No matter who it is for - just get your voice heard, participate. I'm so glad you posted about it.

Amazing_Grace on October 29, 2008 at 8:04 PM said...

Goodness! I'm not looking forward to voting on Tuesday. I'll be sure to bring a bag lunch! LOL!

Casdok on October 30, 2008 at 12:12 PM said...

Your so right about voting being a privilege.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to be getting back to see your blog ... for many days it was not coming up for me

Anonymous said...

I'm planning to go on Tuesday...though I still need to figure out where. I haven't had to vote since we moved. I HOPE it's not too bad because I think I'll have to bring Daniel with me. If there is early voting around here, I don't know about it. I already know that our state is a certain color and I'm voting the other way, so I sorta feel like it doesn't count...but I feel the same as you...so I will vote and then I have every right to my opinion after it's all over! :D

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin