Saturday, October 25, 2008

Quotes and conversations of the week


I haven't done one of these for a while but I have a few to share:

I gave the boys a heads-up that they have a doctor's appointment scheduled this week (checkup) and when they asked about shots, I told them they've probably get a flu shot but I think that's it. They had a lot of questions about what the flu shot is for, and what the flu is. We told them it's a virus that attacks your body.

Bearhug's response: "The flu virus trying to take over your body is like vampires trying to take over your house." LOL Yeah, something like that :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cuddlebug: "Did you know that I can fly? But I can only fly down."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little Bitty (hearing it was bedtime): "No WAY!!" LOL where did he hear that?
me: Yes WAY!!! (he was not impressed)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bearhug: "Where's my report card money? Is it invisible?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cuddlebug: "Someone who's an expert at something, was once a beginner."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dh (commenting on his birthday): "I guess I'm closer to 40 now than to 35."
me: "no, you're only 36"
dh (excited): "really? I thought I was 37. Wow, I just gained a whole year!" (nevermind the fact that technically 37 is also closer to 35 than to 40)
me (taking a little time to do the math in my head): "wait, no you're right. You're 37"
dh: "Aww, man!! Now I just lost a year again!"






If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

6 comments:

My Three Sons on October 26, 2008 at 1:31 AM said...

Oh the things that come out of our little ones mouths!

I just love it. Hey, I'm not to far behind DH so I know how that every extra year really counts.

Hope you all have a great Sunday.

Rebecca on October 26, 2008 at 12:35 PM said...

Cuddlebug: "Someone who's an expert at something, was once a beginner."


Budding philosopher?? I love it!

Jen on October 26, 2008 at 5:21 PM said...

I seem to remember a similar conversation with my hubby, trying to convince him that he is still 29... LOL... silly boys can't do math...

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander on October 27, 2008 at 10:54 AM said...

Kids say such awesome stuff!

Anonymous said...

I love your conversations - there's a lot of wisdom there. WAY!

Anonymous said...

I forget how old I am, too. It's sign that I'm getting... old.

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin