Friday, October 3, 2008

Expressing emotions


This weekend, Cuddlebug got upset with Little Bitty for coloring on his picture. He started yelling at him angrily which got him nowhere because Bitty was oblivious. We suggested he try writing a note to his brother expressing how he felt, not that Bitty would be able to read it (or care, let's be honest), but hoping that getting his emotions down on paper would help him work through it without escalating.

It worked (yay!), here's the letter he wrote (complete with illustration). I love the picture, it's of himself (you can tell by the Texas longhorn cap) and I'm pretty sure that's steam coming out of his ears, lol.



I made a point of showing Bitty the note and telling him not to color on his brother's pictures anymore (even though he ignored me too), and then I told Cuddlebug I was really proud of him for expressing himself without screaming.

He gave me a confused look and pointed to the page, "But I put an exclamation point there, that's me screaming."

That's totally ok with me :)

If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! What a precious child! That's so great that he could write all that and reason through it...and tell you that he was still screaming because he wrote it on the paper!

Stacey,momof 2 on April 25, 2010 at 12:43 PM said...

now if we can just convince your super smart child to create a sarcasm font... that would be magicical! gosh I hope I spelled that right? :)

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin