Friday, October 3, 2008

EXACT change, please!


Yesterday Bearhug and Cuddlebug asked dh if they could each have 50 cents to buy a snack at school (they sell snacks at school for fundraisers). He was out of quarters so he handed each of them a stack of nickels, not taking the time to count it out because it was almost time for them to get out of the car.

Of course the boys counted out their change, and immediately got upset with dh. As in, they were both chewing him out. Why, you ask?

Turns out one of them had 80 cents, and one had 65 cents. Were they angry over the injustice of having received unequal stacks of nickels? No, nothing so logical as that.

No, they were each infuriated because he hadn't given them EXACTLY 50 cents! They both understand the concept of money, so I'm a little surprised they weren't glad to have received more than they asked for, but I guess when they ask for 50 cents, they mean 50 cents!

I had to laugh, I've just never heard of anyone getting bent out of shape over getting too much money. Too bad Congress isn't more like them...


If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I knew you were going to say that's what they were mad about - hmm, I wonder why?!

Anonymous said...

Man, how I enjoy those boys!!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin