Friday, October 17, 2008

Tag, you're it!


Crackerjack and Tripacerchick each tagged me for a meme to share some things about myself. One was to share 7, one was to share 6. I can't think of 13 so I'm going to split the difference and do 10 here... :).

Here are the rules (you know, the ones I am not exactly following...):
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share seven facts about yourself on your blog--some random, some weird.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

So here goes:

1. Next month will be 18 yrs since the first time dh and I went out on a date. We’ve been together ever since, which is over half of my lifetime!

2. When I'm alone in the car I like to crank up the music and sing along (I'm far from a great singer, but hey, no one is there to hear!).

3. I always like to put chocolate in the fridge for a while before I eat it, I can't stand melty chocolate.

4. Before we had children, dh and I were “parents” to three fuzzy ferrets! Two girls named Mittens and Jasmine, and a boy named Chloe (no, we didn’t name him, but we didn’t change his name when we found out he was a boy either).

5. Every now and then I like to color my hair red (dark auburn) just for fun.

6. I took up target shooting last year, and I am actually a pretty good shot with a rifle. I’m less accurate with a handgun, but good enough for self-defense purposes. Going to the range together is our idea of a fun date, is that weird?

7. I love love love birthday cake. If there is one thing that makes me not mind getting older on my birthday, it is birthday cake :)

8. I gained 70 lbs. when I was pregnant with Cuddlebug and Bearhug. In my defense, a lot of it was water (no really!) thanks to pre-eclampsia. In the picture there I was only 24 weeks pg, so technically I had another 16 weeks to go, but we only made it another 9 1/2 weeks.

9. I love to read, but once I get started I have a hard time stopping until I finish the book.

10. I like to quote cartoons in daily conversation. What's funny is that dh gets pretty much all of my cartoon references, lol.

Next up -- you! Feel free to leave your link if you decide to play along.






If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

5 comments:

Maddy on October 17, 2008 at 1:04 PM said...

A very interesting read although I shall not be playing today as I'm all bunged up with a cold. Certainly agree with splitting the difference! Doesn't 18 years go sooo fast.
Best wishes

Susie on October 17, 2008 at 1:51 PM said...

I had pre-eclampsia too! NOT FUN:-( Did you get magnesium? That was the worst:-(

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments.

danette on October 17, 2008 at 4:44 PM said...

@maddy - I hope you feel better soon! You're right, time flies, too fast sometimes.

@susie - yep, and I would have to agree with you. The mag sulfate was awful :(. Worth it all in the end though of course :).

The Farmer Files on October 17, 2008 at 5:49 PM said...

I love that picture of you from 18 years ago!!

Patty O. on October 18, 2008 at 8:36 PM said...

I love birthday cake too. And thanks for sharing about your pregnancy weight gain. I am 4.5 months prego and my doctor is hoping I will only gain 15-20, since I already was a bit on the pudgy side when I got pregnant. All those pregnancy pounds from my last two pregnancies....Anyway, it makes me feel better when women are honest and say they gained weight. I don't know why, but I guess it makes me feel so not alone.

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Visit again. I am doing a giveaway you might be interested. Check it out.

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin