Thursday, September 25, 2008

To paint or to color?


Cuddlebug wanted to paint which is great but it's almost dinner time, so I asked him, "how about coloring instead?"

He got upset, apparently that was not an acceptable option. "I AIN'T gonna color!! I have to PAINT!" (he likes to say "ain't" when he's being particularly defiant, as if that accentuates his point).

So I responded, "Well if you're going to paint, make sure you don't make a mess."

"But painting always makes a mess!" he protested.

"Then make sure you clean it up." Seems reasonable to me.

He sighs. "I'll just color."

LOL, I guess it just wasn't worth it if he had to clean up his own mess...

If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

4 comments:

Debbie @ Three Weddings on September 25, 2008 at 7:56 PM said...

Wow, I do believe you won that one. It is possible! I now have hope! :)

Anonymous said...

These are the kind of exchanges I look forward to someday... =)

Frogs' mom on September 25, 2008 at 9:42 PM said...

Oh how I long for the day that reasoning will work here at the pond! Hope he found some enjoyment in the coloring :0)

danette on September 28, 2008 at 2:07 AM said...

@debbie - LOL, I think I did! :-)

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin