Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Isn't he a little young


to be worried about finding a wife?!?

The other day, we were talking about families, and Cuddlebug said to me, totally out of the blue, "But Mama, no one in my class will want to marry me because I wear a hat."

Huh?! This isn't the first time he's brought up concern over finding a wife, although I'm not sure I understand why he worries about it when he's only 7 (and he was 6 I think when it first came up). At one point he wanted to marry me (how sweet, huh?), until I reminded him I'm already married to Dada.

So I gave him a big hug and told him, "Well, Dada wears a hat too and I still married him. Don't worry, you'll find someone to marry when you get older." He loves to wear his favorite baseball cap, I'm not sure why he would think that would somehow be an issue for potential brides?

He repeated, "But no one in my class will want to marry me." I assured him that he'll find someone (although maybe not someone from his class), but told him he doesn't need to worry about it until he's an adult, and he's only 7 right now. He still seemed a bit anxious about the whole thing, so I gave him another hug and told him how much I love him.

I don't know what brought this on? Like I said, it's come up before but it's been a while. Last time, he was afraid that when he got married he wouldn't be part of our family anymore. I told him of course he will, the family just gets bigger because then his wife will be part of the family, just like dh and I, and my brother and his wife, are still part of our families, the family just gets bigger :).

Maybe I should ask his teacher about it, since he mentioned girls in his class I wonder if he's proposing to girls at school??

3 comments:

Amazing_Grace on September 2, 2008 at 8:02 AM said...

What kids say at times just baffles me.

Elizabeth Channel on September 2, 2008 at 12:56 PM said...

I think it's just a school thing because my now 8-year-old used to come home from First grade with the same kinds of comments and questions. Now he never talks about marriage.

Every day, it's different, eh? It's amazing what goes on inside their heads.

danette on September 3, 2008 at 8:13 AM said...

@Elizabeth - thanks! I feel a little better knowing he's not the only one (and that maybe he'll stop worrying about it!)

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin