Sunday, September 14, 2008

Scenes from our nature walk


We finally got to go on our nature walk yesterday -- we'd planned it for the morning but dh made plans too so we decided we'd go when he got home. He didn't get home until late, so I took Cuddlebug and Bearhug out for dinner and then we went on our nature walk when we got home. Bitty stayed home with dh.

I took my camera and the boys told me what they wanted pictures of. We ended up taking over 50 pictures of whatever they thought was interesting. At one point, they had me take a picture of someone's driveway "because it has a hill going down, that's interesting!" Just after that, we turned a corner and came across a group of people standing outside their house chatting. In their usual loud voices, one of the boys said, "they look kind of interesting," and the other answered, "yeah, but not interesting enough to take a picture of." LOL, it was a little embarrassing but I'm used to stuff like this by now, I just laughed to myself and we moved on.

They want me to print out all their pictures and make them a book of our nature walk, so I'll do that sometime this week. In the meantime, thought I'd share just a few of the things we saw (that WERE interesting enough to take a picture of in their opinion, LOL).



Here are a few mushrooms we found growing:


Cuddlebug found an "L" in the concrete:


Sunset seen through the trees:


This one might be hard to see, but that's an "ant parade" walking in a crack in the sidewalk:


Cuddlebug and Bearhug enjoying the nature walk:


A pile of rocks in someone's driveway:


"The sky is so blue!"


Cuddlebug found a dandelion, he offered it to me to make a wish :)


Some pretty flowers growing on someone's mailbox:


It wasn't as dark outside as the pictures make it look toward the end (that's just my camera), but by that point the sun was going down so we headed home :).

7 comments:

Elizabeth Channel on September 15, 2008 at 1:15 AM said...

This is a cute idea!

"Ant Parade" is my favorite!

Bonnie sayers on September 15, 2008 at 1:35 AM said...

Some interesting pics taken on that nature walk, I can see how you made it to fifty by this sneak peek. Sounds like a fun bonding experience as a family.

Penelope on September 15, 2008 at 2:40 AM said...

This picture-taking nature walk is an interesting idea! Thanks for this post; it goes right along with the whole "dry grass" thing for me: being shown the beauty in things that I normally don't take notice.

Thanks for sharing the pictures; I especially love the ant parade and the 'L' in the sidewalk!

hellokittiemama on September 15, 2008 at 7:22 AM said...

How fun! Great pictures. Kids notice so much more than adults. Your boys sound like such blessings :)

The Farmer Files on September 15, 2008 at 6:54 PM said...

We used to go on nature walks when I was little. I had forgotten until you posted this. I will have to do this with my eldest. I love ant parades! I haven't seen any dandelions in Hawaii recently. I used to wish on them when I was little, too!!!

Anonymous said...

Your nature walk sounds like fun! Just think of all the things you might've missed if they hadn't been with you? :)

kristi on September 16, 2008 at 9:37 AM said...

Cool post...thanks for sharing!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin