Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mystery of the day


Last week, something happened to Little Bitty's shoes. They are the kind that light up when you walk, but something has messed up with the lights in one of the shoes, they are going non-stop. We tried banging on the shoe, even dropping it down the stairs, hoping to get the lights out of the "on" setting so the batteries didn't wear out. Nothing worked, so now we are curiously waiting to see just how long these lights will go. It started last Wednesday, so it's already been 8 days and counting... too bad we don't know what kind of batteries are in there, they must be pretty good ones to keep those lights going 24/7 for so long :).

Here's a short video clip, sorry for the bad lighting but it's easier to see the lights in a dark room. Seriously, we could direct traffic with his shoe!


I would not have guessed the lights would last this long. Leave me a comment with your guess as to how long the lights will last, and I'll let you know when it finally stops.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear those shoes get their power for light from the atmosphere. They will NEVER STOP! I dug out some 3 year old shoes of my sons that we saved for some strange reason and they still work.

Amazing_Grace on September 18, 2008 at 9:25 AM said...

Hubby is an engineer so I'll ask him when he gets home. :)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander on September 18, 2008 at 12:07 PM said...

How funny! Pretty soon he'll have one blinking and the other not! I'll say an even 14 days!

Penelope on September 18, 2008 at 12:18 PM said...

Hmmm...I too wonder how long they'll work. I'm randomly guessing they'll work for 1 month while going no-stop.

Jen on September 18, 2008 at 12:36 PM said...

Hmmmm.... I'll say another month non-stop...

Elizabeth Channel on September 18, 2008 at 10:24 PM said...

That's bizarre, and exceedingly funny!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I just love light up shoes!

hellokittiemama on September 19, 2008 at 12:53 AM said...

I think that is pretty cool! My kids love the light up shoes (I was sad when my son passed the age/size range for them) - he still adores his little sister's shoes that light up. I know if that happened to his he would want both of them to be stuck in the on position though.

I have no idea how long it will stay on or how they work - incredibly untechnical :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at that! :D

Anonymous said...

Talk about the ultimate visual stim! =)
I guess 2 more weeks!

Sara on September 20, 2008 at 12:12 AM said...

Hmm.. that's a hard guess, but those things literally last for decades...I'll guess 3 weeks

Anonymous said...

This is so funny; I can't stop laughing! I will have to show this to my son because I think he will love it.

We had a pair where one stopped working, but never anything like this!!

Anonymous said...

I'm giving the magic shoes 3 weeks but I hope for LB's sake it's much longer! Maybe Thomas is trying to get your attention and tell you something?

Cherokee Dad on October 23, 2008 at 9:20 PM said...

I'm guessing since they've designed them for kids to walk in them at every waking hour that six months non-stop would be their lifetime simulating normal ware. No, I don't work for the company that makes them but makes sense to me.

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin