Saturday, September 20, 2008

SOOC Saturday - Cow Crossing


Slurping Life

This sign makes me laugh, so I took a picture of it. There are cows in that field there, although I've never seen one actually go AWOL over the fence and wander across the street. My guess is it may have happened at some point which is probably why the sign is there.


The reason it makes me laugh is it reminds me of a time when I was driving in the middle of nowhere, Texas, and what did I see running (well, sort of running) alongside the road but an fugitive cow on the loose. Of course I slowed way down, because I had no idea if the cow was going to dart out into the road, but it didn't. It just kept on half-bouncing, half-galloping in it's clumsy cow way, as if it didn't have a care in the world :).

For more SOOC Saturday, visit Melody at Slurping Life. And if you're curious, click here to see the post that started it all :).

If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me smile and brought back memories.

In the little mountain town we used to live near, there lived a hen who roamed the streets freely. She almost always has chicks following her. There were several "chicken crossing" street signs.

kristi on September 20, 2008 at 8:30 PM said...

Cows cause a lot of damage...I hit one when I was on my way to work one morning, I was 7 months pregnant with my daughter. Luckily we were both fine afterwards, but the cow died.

iMother2.0 on September 20, 2008 at 10:33 PM said...

Deer xing I get...penned up cows getting a warning sign is funny. I'm also from Texas. Some Texas take their cattle seriously :)

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin