Thursday, August 14, 2008

Not your grandma's recipe


*** Warning *** The following post is not for the squeamish, if you have a weak stomach you may want to skip it for the more pleasant posts below.

Cuddlebug has developed a bit of a fascination with germs and now, viruses. Ever since Bearhug was sick last week, he's been asking me about viruses. A couple of nights ago, he asked me, "If I sniff and swallow my boogers, will I get viruses?" hmm, I told him I thought that was safe (hope so) and he informed me that he has done that a few times. Today he wanted to know what viruses look like and how we can see them, so we took a look on Google. I showed him several different kinds of viruses and also showed him pictures of a microscope, which are used to see viruses. He then proceeded to get out his magnifying glass and start scanning his body for viruses.

Last night, he caught whatever BH had and was throwing up. I also threw up last night, as a result of a migraine. Last night was not a pleasant time to be at our house! Neither was tonight, I suppose, because tonight's bedtime conversation revolved around vomit.

Cuddlebug is quite a curious guy. So tonight at bedtime he started asking me questions:
CB: "Mama, what is throw-up made of?"
me: "umm, it's made of whatever you had to eat."
CB: "What if you don't have anything to eat?"
me: "Well, I guess then it would look like water. Yucky water."
[a brief pause while he takes that in]
CB: "So there's lots of throw-up recipes."
me: [rolling laughing at his use of the term "throw-up recipes" - who else would call it that?!] "Yeah, I guess you're right."
CB: "yeah, everyone in the world has their own throw-up recipe."
me: [still laughing] "Yep, you're right."
CB: "yeah, because it's whatever they had to eat."
[another pause for contemplation]
CB: "Do you know why my throw-up was brown?"
me: [wondering when we're going to talk about something else, or maybe stop talking and go to sleep!] "Because you ate something brown?"
CB: "No, because the honeybun"
me: "Oh, ok"
CB: "What color is your throw-up?"
me: "Well, last night it was brown."
CB: "I think most people's throw-up is brown."
me: "maybe you're right."

You were warned (LOL). Thankfully after that his curiousity was satisfied, at least for the moment, and he rolled over to go to sleep.

4 comments:

Muthering Heights on August 15, 2008 at 1:42 AM said...

That is such a funny conversation!

All 4 My Gals on August 15, 2008 at 8:02 AM said...

So funny, and yet so gross! :) Kids just kill me.

Casdok on August 15, 2008 at 1:45 PM said...

Lol!! Kids ask the cutest things!

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is, his mother never asked questions like that!! And brown is probably the usual color, unless you've just taken Pepto-bismal, then it's pink. :)

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin