Saturday, August 2, 2008

How not to play Mario Kart


Bearhug wanted me to try playing Mario Kart today. I've played a couple of times before, and I'm pretty bad every time. Today was no exception. In fact, when I complained, "Hey, this character doesn't turn very well!" Cuddlebug informed me that, "you have to turn the wheel." In my defense, I WAS turning the wheel, but I must not have been doing it right somehow. My character kept falling off of cliffs and crashing into walls and trees. Not to mention hitting almost every banana peel that had been dropped on the track. Sigh.

When I finished and handed the controller back to BH, he said, "I'm proud of you, mama!"

I thanked him, thinking he was impressed that I tried. He continued, "I'm proud of you because you *almost* beated someone's record!" Thanks, BH :) He added, "Then someone will be worser than you!" LOL, I guess for now my title as 'worst at this' remains unchallenged :).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I have found the wheel too hard to play with so I use the nunchuk. I'm still not very good.

Thanks for your comment on my post at 5 minutes for special needs. I appreciate the support.

Kristie

Anonymous said...

Your title is only safe until he sees Grandma try it!

Cherokee Dad on August 4, 2008 at 2:01 PM said...

BH is so thoughtful giving you encouragement tell you he's proud of you. Keep trying as you can only get better. The boys will always be proud of you no matter what.

Delane on August 5, 2008 at 9:36 AM said...

How funny, my boys always ask me to play the wii with them too, and I am terrible...oh well, my strengths are elsewhere!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin