Thursday, August 14, 2008

The most secret-y secret in all of secretdom


Nobody must know... not even... Squidward's house! (LOL, can you tell I've seen way too much Spongebob?)

Last weekend, I took Cuddlebug to a little party they had for all the kids who'd gone to camp this summer. Bearhug was sick so he stayed home with dh and LB. Toward the end, most of the people had left and it was just CB and I along with a few others, he was finishing up his ice cream. He looked at me and whispered, "I want to tell you a secret." Ok, sure, go for it.

His secret turned out to be a confessional of sorts. He whispered in my ear, "I broke my guitar, but it was an accident." I told him I knew about that since he'd asked us to fix the string previously. Then he said "I have another secret." A little more warily, I said ok. This time, he whispered into my ear, "I also broke a blue cup, but that was an accident too." He went on to tell me that he'd hidden these broken items in his closet, afraid he'd get in trouble. I had to admire his courage in telling me, obviously these things had been weighing on him. I thanked him for telling me the truth, and he said, "I try to be gentle but sometimes it's hard." He and BH do have a history of breaking things, usually not on purpose and usually b/c they have a hard time being gentle, so I know what he means! (There's a reason we affectionately call them "Seek and Destroy" LOL)

A couple of days later, I remembered his secrets and went upstairs to look for the broken items in his closet and make sure I threw away anything that could be dangerous. Sure enough, hidden behind some other things, was a broken guitar (and not just the string like I thought, it's actually broken in half, ahh!) and a blue plastic cup with a crack down the side (ok, that one wasn't as "broken" as I thought it might be). I guess now I know where to look if anything goes missing...

2 comments:

Trish on August 15, 2008 at 2:27 PM said...

This is so sweet! That's so great that he told you about his secrets. :)

danette on August 17, 2008 at 12:03 AM said...

Yeah, I'm not sure what prompted him to tell me but I was glad he did so we could get rid of the broken stuff hidden in his closet.

Oh, and I forgot he also told me he'd broken his swim goggles (also an accident, of course) and sure enough, I found those in the stash too!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin