Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The start of another school year


Well, the countdown is over and another school year has begun. Cuddlebug and Bearhug have embarked on 2nd grade, while Little Bitty has returned to his special needs preschool class (he has another year of that before he is old enough for Pre-K).

The first day went well! The night before, Cuddlebug was nervous and told me he was afraid he wouldn't do well in 2nd grade. I assured him he'd do just fine, and that all the other kids (and his teacher!) were probably nervous too. Bearhug and Little Bitty went right to sleep.

Little Bitty was the first to wake up, and seemed to know it was the first day of school. We've been talking about it a lot, so hopefully that helped. He gave me one of his famous grins and was ready to get up and get ready! He even helped me pick out the shirt he wanted to wear (a Thomas shirt, what else?).

Bearhug and Cuddlebug were not quite so chipper, they were not happy about having to get up early again. Of course I always try to get a picture of them as we head out to school on the first day, you can see by the looks on their faces that they were not particularly impressed, LOL.

BH had actually started out wearing a different shirt, but changed at the last minute. CB's response (in an annoyed tone): "You don't always have to look beautiful on the first day!" LOL

I took the day off (two days actually, yay!) so dh and I could have a little mini-vacation of our own. Ok, so it was only about 4 hrs each day but hey, we had fun anyway! And I got to be there to pick up the boys. When we picked LB up from school, he was sooo tired. He fell asleep pretty quick in the car. When we picked up CB and BH, they were excited about what a great day they'd had, so that was good news!

By the time we got home, LB was cranky. I thought it was kind of funny that literally the minute we walked in the door, he stripped down to his pull-up (he's not a fan of clothes). I put my things down and there he was, sitting in a pile of his discarded clothes, crying one of his "I'm tired and cranky" cries. I got him a cup of cran and let him hold his stack of DVD's. Here's a picture of him decompressing after school while he watched "Wow, Wow, Wubzy."

Of course, I couldn't resist taking a picture of his cute little feet too.

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin