Saturday, August 30, 2008

Random updates on the boys


Last week, we got the scores back from the standardized tests that Cuddlebug and Bearhug took last spring (not sure why it takes so long, but whatever...). They both did great! Bearhug, who is the more competitive of the two, asked if he'd beaten Cuddlebug's scores, but actually CB's scores were higher. Not that it matters, they both did awesome! But it did give CB a little confidence boost (he's been bemoaning his opinion that he's not good at math or reading and he didn't want to believe me when I told him otherwise, now he has "numbers" that prove it which is helpful for him). It also opened the door for me to talk with them (again) about the fact that there will be times in their lives when one or the other might do a little "better" at something but it doesn't mean they can't both be really good at whatever it is, and they should cheer each other on for their accomplishments rather than compete. They didn't argue with me, so either they agreed or they weren't listening. I'd like to assume they agreed ;).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. Bitty continues to struggle in the mornings. He throws fits almost every morning about getting dressed, getting shoes on, walking out the door, getting into his carseat, and getting out of the car. In fact, if we're not careful, we can get him totally dressed and ready to go, only to find him running naked up the stairs if we turn our attention to anything else for even a few seconds (like, you know, his brothers who thankfully are AWESOME at getting ready in the morning). And yet, his teacher reports that he is usually calm by the time he gets to the classroom so that is good news. I'm going to make him a picture schedule for the morning routine and see if that helps. Then again, the other night I tried to show him a picture for "bedtime" and his response was to grab it out of my hand and try to crumple it up. Sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bearhug and Cuddlebug both got lots of smileys on their daily sheets this week, yay! Cuddlebug got a "math star" award for "noticing a neat pattern" during math. When I asked him about it, he said, "50 + 50 = 100, I was the only one that said that." That's all the detail I know...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Based on the notes we've been getting, Little Bitty is doing great at school! I know he's been learning how to cut and learning some new songs, because he's practiced at home. I have to admit I was a bit surprised by his speech teacher's note, apparently he is doing some pretty cool things at school that he must be too worn out to do at home because we haven't really seen it yet. Hopefully soon! His teacher also sent a note asking for an IEP update meeting because he is already starting to master some of his goals so they want to update and set some new ones. I'll post an update on how that goes, right now it's tentatively scheduled for later this month.

1 comments:

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander on August 31, 2008 at 8:59 PM said...

Good to hear everyone is doing so great! The boys are just as handsome as ever!

Thanks for visiting last week and I apologize it too me so long to get back to you.

Happy Labor Day!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin