Saturday, August 23, 2008

Stunning revelation (if you're dh)


So last night we were eating dinner and watching "Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!" when all of a sudden I hear dh exclaim, "Widget is a GIRL?!?" (for those unfamiliar with Wubbzy and his friends, that's Widget on the left, Wubbzy in the middle, and Walden on the right).

Cuddlebug and Bearhug both replied matter-of-factly, "Yes, Widget is a girl." Dh looks at me. "Did you know Widget is a girl?" Um, yes. She's pink, wears a pink outfit (with a heart on it), and sounds like a girl. I was a little surprised that he thought Widget was a boy. He went back to eating his dinner and watching the show.

A few minutes later, another exclamation, "Widget is a GIRL?!?" Me, ROFL. Yes! Widget is a girl (thought we just went over that a few minutes ago?). Apparently, this was life-altering information that he was having a hard time coming to grips with.

Just in case there is any lingering doubt, if you listen to the song at the beginning of the show, it refers to Widget as "she/her" and both Wubbzy and Walden as "he/him" so it's confirmed.

Dh cracks me up.

10 comments:

Designing Hilary on August 23, 2008 at 9:13 AM said...

Too funny!

StacyRenee on August 23, 2008 at 10:26 AM said...

My DH will get so glued to the kids shows that THEY sometimes have to ask HIM whats going on.

Amazing_Grace on August 23, 2008 at 10:39 AM said...

Men are like that. Sometimes you have to beat the info into them. :)

Anonymous said...

very cute story! we dont watch this show but just by looking at the picture I could tell she was a girl. I love funny family stories. Its the silly stuff that makes family time great :)

StacyRenee on August 23, 2008 at 3:28 PM said...

Thanks. I actually got on a board and bit the dirt. It was fun though.

Karen on August 23, 2008 at 4:17 PM said...

I was always unsure whether Wubzy was male or female. I can understand your DH's confusion.

Penelope on August 24, 2008 at 3:40 PM said...

Hehehe...that's funny. My son has just gotten into Wow! Wow! Wubbzy; it's second only to Little Einsteins.

Anonymous said...

Too funny. :)

Anonymous said...

lol. I would've expected that the overwhelming amount of pink would have tipped him off. Then again I always though Tweety Bird was a girl.

Anonymous said...

YES! chicks can be quite handy with tools too!

My husband has a strange obsession with childrens' TV. I have come in to find him watching The Wiggles. ALONE...

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin