Friday, August 1, 2008

The countdown begins


Well, it's August and school is starting soon. It's amazing how fast the summer has flown by! I made a calendar with pictures to help give LB some advance notice of what is coming up. He doesn't understand dates / calendars yet but hopefully the visual will help -- there's a little smiley face that we'll move each day and I'll use the pictures to talk about the "big events" coming up.

One is finding out who everyone's teachers will be, they'll get to meet the teachers and check out their classrooms. Then, of course, the first day of school!

I know CB and BH are already getting a little nervous, they've been talking about it for a couple of weeks now. Transitions and changes in routine are difficult for them, and they've gotten used to being at home during the day. Every time school starts or ends, we end up with a rough period of about 2 weeks, so hey at least we know what to expect :). I know they love school though, so hopefully meeting their teachers and finding out who will be in their classes will help put them at ease about the change.

3 comments:

mjsuperfan on August 1, 2008 at 11:06 PM said...

Just saying hello, and that your boys are adorable.

I also have three boys (twins plus one), but only two are on the spectrum. Your boys sound as if they are all doing very well!

Elizabeth Channel on August 4, 2008 at 12:36 AM said...

OK-- I keep running into your blog and I finally decided to de-lurk. My son has a recent SPD diagnoses and is 6.

I love reading your children's dialogues.

Thank you for sharing!

Cherokee Dad on August 4, 2008 at 2:05 PM said...

Sounds like you're ready for the challenge of the new school year by preparing them for the upcoming changes. At least you know what to expect and so will the boys. We're very proud of all of you.

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin