Thursday, August 6, 2009

An oops and an update


I thought I was doing so good this weekend - I wrote several posts and scheduled them out for the week, and I even got on again Monday night to add another post. And then last night I realized I forgot all about Mondays in Motion. Oops.

Oh well, so I guess I'll have to try to post a video next Monday instead. I actually have a new one of Bitty practicing his new spoon-eating skills :). He has really struggled with that, first because he had a hard time gripping the spoon at the right angle to actually scoop food onto it. Forks are so much easier because you can just poke the food and for the most part it stays on regardless of what angle you hold it at (within reason, of course). Then, when after much effort he got to where he could scoop a little bit of food onto his spoon, he'd twist the spoon on the way to his mouth so that it was upside down - and empty (thanks a lot, gravity!) - by the time it got there. Needless to say it was frustrating for him, and messy!

He hasn't had a whole lot of opportunities to practice since spoons are largely for mushy foods that he won't eat anyway. But he does like "dinosaur soup" and "letter soup" (Chef Boyardee), so that's usually what we practice with.

Anyway, so he is starting to get the hang of it. He was successfully getting the letter-pasta into his mouth and amazingly enough, made practically no mess on his face, hair, clothes, table or chair. And I caught it on video!






If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

3 comments:

Maddy on August 6, 2009 at 10:43 PM said...

We're still struggling with cutlery after all this time so you're well ahead of the curve. Everything around here is 'finger' food which inevitably ends up in hair, clothing, bodies.....but that gives us fodder for the body hygiene campaign I suppose.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

yay!!!

UPrinting on August 8, 2009 at 3:48 AM said...

That's wonderful, he's really made progress! Glad you were able to get it on video, I'm sure he looks really adorable as always. I'll look forward to watching it. Reading your posts never fails to brighten up my day, such an inspiration. Thanks!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin