Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday Photo Flashback


I found a great new blog not too long ago - More Than Words, and noticed on a recent visit that she hosts Friday Photo Flashback every Friday. How fun! So I found an old picture to play along this week :).

"Why Twin Toddlers and External Water Dispensers Don't Mix"




Not sure how well you can tell in the picture, but they were both completely dripping wet and their clothes were SOAKED!! (click to enlarge and see the water all in their hair).

We were visiting relatives who had an external water dispenser in their fridge and it didn't take long for the boys to find it and figure out how it worked. They were 18 months old and just barely tall enough to reach... they started pushing the little lever over and over (and over), squirting themselves with freezing cold water and laughing hysterically about it. They made quite the mess, but they had a great time :).

Oh, and that's Cuddlebug looking up at me while Bearhug is still busy with the water.


For more Friday Photo Flashback, visit More Than Words.







If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

11 comments:

More Than Words on August 21, 2009 at 1:00 AM said...

LOL...yes, I can tell by their sleeves that they are soaking wet!!! I was always worried my kids would do that to my in-laws when they were little!

I'm so glad you found my blog and joined in on the meme!!!

Muthering Heights on August 21, 2009 at 1:04 AM said...

AHAHA...that is soooooooooooooo funny!

Unknown on August 21, 2009 at 1:13 AM said...

So cute!! Isn't it fun to look back at how much they've grown?

My boys (3 and 22mo) are still in the water cooler phase! We don't have one, so whenever I go to a friends house, I ask to close the kitchen door! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Laurencita on August 21, 2009 at 1:14 AM said...

Oh.. it's a great picture.

Hazel on August 21, 2009 at 8:59 AM said...

At first I thought they were just sweating. How fun that must have been. I love their names and they're so adorable.

I played FPF for the first time today. My entry is up.

Beverly on August 21, 2009 at 10:24 AM said...

great photo!

Floortime Lite Mama on August 21, 2009 at 10:57 AM said...

how i ADORE these pcitures - your kiddos are stunningly cute

The imPerfect Housewife on August 21, 2009 at 11:28 AM said...

I love that you let them enjoy it for awhile and took a picture because now we get to enjoy it with you and you get to relive it again!! That's hilarious! Like when they learn how to flush the toilet - talk about some cheap fun! ♥

Anonymous said...

How fun!!!!

Erin on August 22, 2009 at 1:42 AM said...

ROFL! That is so funny! They're like kittens with toilet paper rolls! How cute...I'll bet you didn't have the heart to be too angry at them, either!

danette on August 24, 2009 at 12:17 AM said...

@Erin - LOL, you're right, there was no way to be angry when they were having so much fun! We put a towel on the floor and let them go until they started shivering from the cold water... then it was time to clean up and get some warm, dry clothes on.

@imPerfect Housewife - I'm glad we have the picture too, it's a fun memory :)

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin