Monday, August 10, 2009

Magic Marker Monday: Spike-a-saurus


Bearhug and Cuddlebug were invited to a birthday party on Saturday for a friend from school (whose mom also happens to be one of Bitty's former therapists - small world!). It was an art party where everyone got to paint their own dinosaur. I loved how the instructor asked everyone what colors dinosaurs are, and of course the kids (being much smarter than I am) answered correctly - we don't know! Makes sense, of course we don't know since all we have are bones, no actual pictures of what they looked like, I just never really thought about it before. Anyway, so then she turned the kids loose to use whatever colors their imaginations desired for their dinosaurs :).

I enjoyed watching as Cuddlebug and Bearhug worked on their paintings:




They worked independently, but also seemed to seamlessly pull ideas from what the other was working on and they ended up with coordinating dinosaurs.

Let me introduce you to the two forms of Spike-a-saurus (so named for its many spikes):

Original form
height: 400 ft, 3 inches
weight: 5200 pounds
description: it traps its prey with its wings then it pulls in the spikes which contain poison


Nightmare form
Facts
wt: 5001
ht: 984
how many: 100
I'm told it can give you nightmares for 100 years (so let's hope we never encounter one in real life)


You might wonder how to defeat such powerful-looking dinosaurs covered in spikes. As both of the boys noted, both forms of Spike-a-saurus have one weakness - their tails, which have spikes at the end but are otherwise unprotected by spikes. Good to know...




For more Magic Marker Monday, visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs.





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

13 comments:

CC on August 10, 2009 at 1:09 AM said...

What a cool idea! Wish I'd thought of that for the kids' parties!

The Farmer Files on August 10, 2009 at 3:08 AM said...

What a GREAT idea for a birthday party! Those dinosaurs are precious! Are they up in your house?

Floortime Lite Mama on August 10, 2009 at 7:56 AM said...

LOVE the pics - your boys are sooo smart !

Floortime Lite Mama on August 10, 2009 at 7:57 AM said...

Hey and you know what - on this weeks SOOC - when I talked about R's coping mechanism - I was totally thinking of Bitty - and the cushions

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling on August 10, 2009 at 1:18 PM said...

Cool party idea. They look like they are having fun and they are pretty impressive paintings!!

Jen on August 10, 2009 at 1:59 PM said...

The boys are so funny! One proud grandma is here with me, and she agrees! Very imaginative! Very cool!

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering where I would attack one of those. Tell the twins thanks for me, eh?

Barbara

Debbie @ Three Weddings on August 10, 2009 at 9:31 PM said...

Those are some scary looking dinosaurs!

SoCo mom on August 11, 2009 at 2:05 AM said...

Those are wonderful paintings -- I love the spikes. They are full of energy and personality!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander on August 11, 2009 at 12:56 PM said...

Love it!!! Such a fabulous idea for a party! The boys did great and are such artists!

Thanks for stopping by!

UPrinting on August 11, 2009 at 11:44 PM said...

Great artwork from Cuddlebug and Bearhug, their imagination really shows! They both even came up with spike-o-saurs! At least I know what to do whenever I get a visit from the Nightmare form, I wouldn't want that :)

Childlife on August 16, 2009 at 7:47 PM said...

What great work they do! Their creativity never ceases to take my breath away -- like adding those extra three inches onto the 400ft tall fellow ;) Delightful!

~Michelle @ 5MFSN

Anonymous said...

I love it!! And all those details! lol! cool!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin