Monday, August 17, 2009

Bitty and me, and some updates




Bitty loves to be carried (in fact, he insists on it by jumping in front of me with his arms up so I can't walk). He's getting so big, but I can still carry him for a little while at least so I prompt him to ask, "up pweez" and then I carry him until my back needs a break.

He reminds me of Cuddlebug when he was younger (hence the nickname...), he was a cuddly little koala bear too. As you can see I'm not so good at trying to take pictures in the mirror, couldn't quite get the right angle but this was the best one. Well, this was the only one where you can actually see us...

Some quick updates:

Bitty did pretty good at church yesterday. He didn't participate much this time, but he did go to his class after some protest. He stayed on my lap with his sippy most of the time. He was pretty tired this weekend, all of the boys were. They are still adjusting to being back in school.

Cuddlebug was asked to give a talk in primary yesterday, and Bearhug was asked to read the scripture. They both did great, despite a fair amount of grumbling beforehand. They were so excited about it last week (because the kids get their assignments in the form of "mail" and they were excited to get mail) but not so thrilled yesterday.

All in all it was a good day.

There was some crankiness this morning about going back to school from Bearhug and Bitty... but dh said they were both fine by the time they got to school.

Tomorrow, Cuddlebug and Bearhug have their first Cub Scout meeting. Bearhug is excited, and Cuddlebug is worried it will cut into his Pokemon time (sigh). He would stay home and play Pokemon 24/7 if we let him. We told him we won't force him to keep going if he doesn't like it but he does have to give it at least a few weeks (they only meet once a week) before he decides he doesn't like it. We also reminded him that it won't affect his Pokemon time because he and Bearhug are already limited to 1 hour of game time per day on school days - assuming they have that much time after any homework is done. Fridays are the exception, they get "DS night" and can stay up late playing games.





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

5 comments:

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander on August 17, 2009 at 10:43 AM said...

lol, I love the whole Pokemon thing. Boys and their games, My husband is the same way. :)

I love it hen the girls want to snuggle, it seems to be so few and far in between any more.

Glad you had a good weekend and everyone is adjusting. Yay for the boys doing so well at church!

Floortime Lite Mama on August 17, 2009 at 2:18 PM said...

that is an unbeleivable adorable picture so cute
and you look way to young to me mum of 3
R is the same way - always with the up up up - he is getting too heavy but I LOVE It

CC on August 17, 2009 at 3:15 PM said...

love the picture. And great news on the participation at church!

Unknown on August 17, 2009 at 3:18 PM said...

Meechi does that same thing... jumps in front of me so I can't walk in order to get picked up. How funny!

I think the photo actually looks pretty good, btw.

Trish on August 18, 2009 at 4:48 PM said...

It was wonderful to read about the successes at church. It can be a long road, I know; I missed the services for about two years, I think!

Even now, my son chooses the special needs room over the kindergarten room because he finds it too stressful. I'm just glad we have one now - we didn't when he was in preschool.

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin