Saturday, June 20, 2009

Triangle on the ladder


Help! Little Bitty wants something and I have no idea what it is. He keeps asking me for, "dwaw twigul" (draw triangle). Seems like a simple enough request, but when I draw a triangle, it's clearly not what he was asking for. He doesn't want me to draw a triangle, he doesn't want to draw a triangle.

I wonder if it's a game on the computer, but then he pulls me upstairs and keeps saying, "dwaw twigul." He points to the little pull-down door in the ceiling that leads to the attic.

"Twigul on da wadder" (triangle on the ladder).

He looks at me and then points to the attic again, expectantly. He only knows about one box that's up there, the box of trains. So it would seem he's asking me for some kind of train or train accessory that either is, or looks like, or has on it, a triangle. I'm completely clueless.

I hem and haw, asking questions in hopes of getting a little more description from him of exactly what he wants.

He dances around in anticipation. "Dwaw twigul. Twigul on da wadder!"

That's it, all I have to go on.

Finally, when he is started to get agitated that I haven't pulled down the ladder yet to go look for this mysteriouos "twigul" I decide to go for it and hope that something stands out as a triangle.

No such luck.

I bring down a train with a vaguely triangle-shaped cargo holder. He stares at it, then looks up at me. His eyes show something that looks like resignation at my triangle-finding incompetence. This obviously isn't what he had in mind. But he doesn't throw it, and he doesn't scream. He keeps his cool. (and I'm so proud of him!)

He points back up the ladder. "Twigul on the wadder." Try again, Mom. I try again, and come up empty again. I tell him, "triangle all gone." I feel bad, but what else could I do? It's tough to find something when you have no idea what you're looking for.

I fold the ladder back up and convince him to come back downstairs with me. Now he's on to other things. It's probably just a matter of time before he asks again though.

If anyone has any idea what the mysterious triangle (train?) could be, I'd love to hear it. Do any of the Thomas trains have triangles on them?





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm stumped! Good luck! If you ever figure it out, I'd be interested to know what he wanted!

Online Printing on June 23, 2009 at 3:46 AM said...

Can't think of anything! Maybe it's a triangle shaped train track? Good luck finding the triangle on the ladder. On a wonderful note, it's great that he didn't throw a tantrum!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin