Saturday, June 13, 2009

SOOC Saturday: Experimentation


What happens when you combine two 8-yr-old boys + 2 light sabers + 1 mom with a camera + long exposure photo in the dark?



It all started with this:


Bearhug and Cuddlebug got a Lego Star Wars wii game for their birthday. As it turns out, they are scared of Star Wars so they were afraid to play the game, but they had a blast playing with the light sabers that came with it.

I was taking pictures of them when I inadvertently got this picture:


I had set a semi-long shutter speed since the room was fairly dark. Seeing the arcs of light from their movement gave me an idea.

I turned out the lights and asked the boys to do their thing with the light sabers in front of the camera.

In this one, they finished before the shutter was done and they both came walking over to see how it turned out while it was still going, so you can see their "trails" of light.




For more SOOC Saturday, visit Slurping Life.




If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

19 comments:

Tara R. on June 13, 2009 at 6:06 AM said...

These are wonderful. They make me want to experiment with exposure too. Nicely done!

Jessi on June 13, 2009 at 9:30 AM said...

AWESOME!!!I am so excited by how cool these are. I experimented for the first time ever with slow shutter speeds last night. Only my shots were of the street light in front of my house and not even close to as cool as yours ;)

Floortime Lite Mama on June 13, 2009 at 9:50 AM said...

That was AMAZING !!!
I need to get this too

Linda on June 13, 2009 at 11:48 AM said...

Wow, so cool. I love it!

Puna on June 13, 2009 at 12:22 PM said...

This is cool!

SoCo mom on June 13, 2009 at 12:46 PM said...

Those were great -- I have a big grin on my face!

I like your other SOOC photos too.

My Three Sons on June 13, 2009 at 3:36 PM said...

What awesome pictures.

Lisa on June 13, 2009 at 5:32 PM said...

Great job on these.
Awesome.....I think I want a light saber now, ummm I mean my kids do.

Debbie @ Three Weddings on June 13, 2009 at 8:48 PM said...

Those turned out really neat! Too bad they're scared of Star Wars. Great movie. Hopefully they'll come around.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Very cool.

Bonnie on June 14, 2009 at 3:29 AM said...

wow ! those are wild !!

pixiedreams8 on June 14, 2009 at 5:58 PM said...

Fantastic Pix!!!

Rachel on June 14, 2009 at 10:13 PM said...

Those are the COOLEST! I bet the boys were thrilled!

Anonymous said...

Very cool!
Barbara

melody is slurping life on June 16, 2009 at 1:36 AM said...

I can only utter the words "these shots are way cool".

Now I want to get my boys' light sabers and play with exposure.

Julie on June 16, 2009 at 12:57 PM said...

How cool!

Wholesale Printing on June 16, 2009 at 10:28 PM said...

Cool effects!
You are using SLR/DSLR, right? I'm so envious... I want my camera now! haha~

danette on June 17, 2009 at 8:15 AM said...

Update: After watching dh play the Lego Star Wars game and realizing it's not scary at all, they decided to try it and they've been having fun with it :).

cjaxon on June 17, 2009 at 8:33 AM said...

those are SO COOL!! I love them, and they tell the story so much better than the one of them with the lightsaber and no blur!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin