Friday, June 12, 2009

Grateful


Note (mostly for my mom, who is prone to panic and I totally get that now that I'm a mom too): Bitty is fine!

The other day I was walking down the stairs, a few steps ahead of Bitty, when I heard a sickening thud, thud, thud with muffled squeals from behind me. Bitty had mis-stepped on his way down and was tumbling down the stairway. There was only a split second to react. I couldn't see him and there wasn't time to look, so I had no idea where he was, but in that moment something told me to step over to the right. I did, and almost immediately I felt him slam into the back of my legs as I broke his fall.

I turned around, and found him lying awkwardly with his back against my legs, his feet in the air, facing the top of the stairs (the opposite direction of where he had been facing walking down the stairs). I picked him up, and as the shock wore off he started to cry. I checked him out, and he appeared to be fine.

I don't even want to think about what could have happened if he had continued falling all the way to the hardwood floor at the bottom of the stairs. I'm so grateful that I happened to be standing there, and that there was a whispered inspiration to move over to just the right spot to break his fall. I said a little prayer of gratitude as I watched him go back to playing. God was most definitely watching out for my baby that day (and always).





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

3 comments:

OneProudGrandma said...

The note was a good idea. :) Thank goodness you were in front of him & in tune with the spirit!!

Online Printing on June 18, 2009 at 1:03 AM said...

Thank goodness you were there.
You really should be grateful, for being in the right place at the right time. Take care!

Anonymous said...

=) Yes. So glad he's alright!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin