Monday, June 1, 2009

Mondays in Motion: Pretend play


Mondays in Motion!


Little Bitty loves to play outside, and lately he's been bringing his trains out for some pretend play. He mostly imitates his Thomas games, but that's ok :).




In this one, he pulled in a little Wonderpets theme, having his trains stuck in the mailbox and then rescuing them (over and over). He'd stick them in the mailbox, say "I mee hup" (I need help, speaking for the train) and then after a minute he'd open it back up and get them out. He repeated it with several of his trains. He made me laugh at the end when he said "ee fweeky ow!" (he's freaking out, meaning the train who is stuck, lol).

Safety note: we live on the corner of a cul-de-sac, with the mailbox facing the cul-de-sac and not the main road, so where he keeps walking into the road and back it's not the main road and I was standing right there keeping an eye out for cars (although we live on a dead end street so even the main road is pretty quiet most of the time).






I took a ton of pictures too, Bitty just ignored me so I enjoyed getting "natural" shots of him playing:





To see more of them at my photo blog, click here.


It's your turn to share a video! If you don't make it today, feel free to join in anytime during the week. :)









If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love how he backs up and then does it again. Daniel does the exact same thing. =) I have a video that I actually took yesterday. If I can figure out how to post it, I'll play along!!

Anonymous said...

Great pretend play, by the way!!!!

My Three Sons on June 1, 2009 at 9:52 AM said...

I live in a sub of Kansas City and we there was a Thomas the Train event about an hour a way. I took Carson last Saturday. THen of course we bought some more cars and engines. My livingroom floor happens to be one huge track right now with all of his trains and tracks.

I love the disclaimer about the street.

Very cute video. He sure has the cranky crane down.

Happy Monday

Floortime Lite Mama on June 1, 2009 at 3:08 PM said...

chooo cute his pix are and so awesome he does pretend play so well I cant see the vidoes at work- look forward to seeing them at home

Penelope on June 2, 2009 at 3:22 PM said...

I absolutely love these pictures, and the videos!

My son likes to pretend I'm not there when I take pictures. The second I whip out my camera, he walks away and keeps his back turned to me. :)

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin