Friday, June 12, 2009

Conversations (sort of)


Little Bitty has really been repeating a lot lately. It's a little disconcerting sometimes to hear a phrase that sounds oddly familiar, only to realize it's something I say to him all the time and didn't even realize it (like his recent, "aw you my baby?").

The latest: "aww, whazzu mah Baby? onna hummee?" (aww, what's the matter, Baby, are you hungry?) followed by a little fake whimper-cry and "oh, no, eez cwying!"

Yes, I call him my Baby, and even when I call him my "Big Boy" he replies back with "Baby" :)

Some other new phrases:
"you da bess fwen a puppy cuh hab" (you're the best friend a puppy could have)
"cawenduh... on dis day, I goda da pawk" (calendar... on this day, I go to the park)
"yummy yoguht"
"yay bahtime" (yay bathtime, although he still hates baths)

And he started stealing my blackberry (which I have for work) and saying "wah pway wehers" (want to play "letters").

For the life of me I couldn't figure out where this was coming from, until I found him at this site on the computer. He found the Leapfrog site and navigated his way to the ad for this new toy, a "Text and Learn". It plays the same quotes over and over, and they were exactly what Bitty had been saying.

Since he was quoting it almost non-stop, we figured he must want one (and we could possibly spare my blackberry from further attempts to "play" with it). If you're interested, there's a coupon for it which is good until 9/30. We got him one and he loves it!

For the record, I'm not doing an official toy review or anything here, and am not being paid by Leapfrog or anyone else, just sharing a cool toy that my son found. It has a lot of fun educational games. And it may not be the most conversational speech, but he has picked up a lot of new words and phrases from it, and I've noticed that his speech tends to be a little clearer when he's "repeating" something he's heard.

Hopefully this is just more steps along the way to more conversational speech. He does seem to be using it somewhat appropriately... he'll come up and give me a hug and tell me I'm the best friend a puppy could have :). I tell him he's the best friend a Mama could have.






If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

6 comments:

Patty O. on June 12, 2009 at 9:30 AM said...

That is so cute. Isn't it funny what kids end up repeating and saying? My daughter has taken to saying, "Aw snap!" and I have no idea where she heard it from.

Joyeful on June 12, 2009 at 11:59 AM said...

That is awesome! A baby blackberry!!! And I love the baby language in this post!! Love it!

Color Printing on June 12, 2009 at 10:00 PM said...

A Blackberry for kids, that's cute. And it's educational to boot. That would definitely make him stay away from your own Blackberry.

My Three Sons on June 13, 2009 at 1:23 AM said...

Well I think your a pretty good puppy myself. LOL

I will look into that leapfrog. I'm always looking for fun things like that for Carson. Not to mention he is constantly stealing my phone so he can text.

danette on June 13, 2009 at 2:34 AM said...

@My Three Sons - wow, he can text? Impressive! I keep my bb locked when I'm not using it but you can still make emergency calls and Bitty called 911 last week... I got a vm from them saying they got a hang-up from my number and checking to see if everything was ok. At least they called back to check, but it was a little embarrassing.

Anonymous said...

Smart boy - he found the toy he wanted online. Your sweet baby big boy puppy is on his way!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin