Friday, March 27, 2009

A True Hero: "Spiderman" rescues autistic boy


I stumbled onto this amazing story tonight and I just had to share because it made my day. It's a brief story of simple kindness, creativity, and quick thinking... living proof that there are true heroes in this world.

An 8-yr-old boy, frightened on his first day at a special needs school, climbed out onto a 3rd story ledge and refused to come back in. A fireman, overhearing his mother mention his love for comic book heroes, quickly went back to the fire station and returned wearing a Spiderman costume, which he keeps at the station for school fire drills.

"I told him Spider-Man is here to rescue you, no monsters are going to attack you and I told him to walk slowly towards me as running could be dangerous," Somchai told local television.

Link to the story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/thailandchildrenoffbeat



If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waaaaaa! Bawling my eyes out! Thank you for sharing this awesome story!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin