Monday, March 23, 2009

Story Corner #1: Spray!


Photobucket


Bearhug and Cuddlebug like to make their own books. Here's one that Bearhug wrote last week called, "Spray." As the back cover says, "This story is about a boy. And he sprays." LOL, he shakes up a can of coke to make it spray everywhere.

He uses C1, C2, etc. to mean "Chapter 1, Chapter 2" etc. There's one page he did comic book style, the parts of the page are numbered so that tells you what order to read them in.

If you're familiar with Captain Underpants (the latest book fascination over here) you might recognize some of the influence here (like the "mean principal"). His own principal is actually quite nice :).

I love his pictures, I think he does especially good at capturing facial expressions. His angry faces crack me up!












(Box 4 means, "He graduated," he spelled it like it sounds to him)





For more Magic Marker Monday, visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs.




If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Especially good"!

Barbara

Unknown on March 23, 2009 at 11:10 AM said...

Bravo!
He is so creative. Amazing imagination!

debi9kids on March 23, 2009 at 11:23 AM said...

OMGosh! How creative!
The principal he drew reminds me of the one from those books (don't know his name, but all of my boys read those books too! LOL)

LOVE the drawings and the story line.
FUN!

Happy MMM!

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums on March 23, 2009 at 12:04 PM said...

He is very bright and creative!

Anonymous said...

I loved this whole thing! The smiling boy in front of the fridge. It's simple, but very good and I liked it...but I agree about the expressions. I loved the angry mom and the sad boy. Too cute! And making a rainbow with the coke?! lol!! Well done! :D

Anonymous said...

Cute! Love the "tap tap" of the foot.

Anonymous said...

WOW. This is GENIUS to me and I'm not just saying that. I was already blown away at the table of contents page!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was just fabulous! :D "Chapter 4... Madness" I love it -- I just love his little sad face in the "Madness" chapter too. What a character!

~Michelle @ 5MFSN

Patty O. on March 24, 2009 at 11:44 AM said...

This is great!

CC on March 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM said...

Cutest story ever! I especially like the 4 part page!

BMom on March 30, 2009 at 11:03 AM said...

LOL! What a cute story!
I had to share it with my friends on Special Needs Neighborhood.com, www.specialneedsneighborhood.com.

I love the illustrations too!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin