Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Things to not ask twins :)


A few days ago we had visitors and they were chatting with the boys. They told them their names and how old they are (and informed them they are twins).

Cuddlebug: "I'm seven, and 'Bearhug' is seven, and our baby brother is three."
Bearhug: "Yeah, I'm seven too."
Cuddlebug: "We're the same age."
Bearhug: "We're twins. We were born on the same day, the same year, but not the same minute."

The visitors asked the boys, "So which one of you is older?"

Wrong question, lol.

Cuddlebug gave them a half-confused, half-exasperated look. I could see what he was thinking, "did we not just tell you we are the same age?"

But what he actually said was, "Uh, neither... we're the same age."

I'm sure what they meant was "who was born first?" but the boys take things pretty literally, and technically they're right, since they're both 7 yrs old, neither one of them is "older."

At least this time they didn't volunteer my age and dh's age, hehe. They've been known to give total strangers a rundown of the whole family (who's a boy, who's a girl, how old we all are, when our birthdays are, what grade they're in, etc.) so I'm glad they didn't feel the need to do that in this case :).





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

1 comments:

Elizabeth Channel on March 12, 2009 at 12:51 AM said...

Funny! Yes, E has been known to go on and on about how old I am and how old I was when I had Charlotte, etc. Lovely!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin