Monday, March 16, 2009

Magic Marker Monday: Happy S-T Patrick's Day


Photobucket


Cuddlebug asked me the other day what the "S-T" stands for and I told him it's short for "Saint." Either he didn't believe me, or he just didn't like that answer, because he continues to call it "S-T Patrick's Day." LOL

Here are the leprechaun traps that Cuddlebug and Bearhug made for school. I took these as they were getting ready to leave this morning, so we didn't really get to set it up right, but there's a stick w/ some gold coins (Chuck E. Cheese tokens) to set up, so that when the leprechaun tries to grab the coins, the stick moves and the top of the box falls, trapping him.

Cuddlebug's:



Bearhug's:



And from Little Bitty - he doesn't like to draw or color most of the time, but every now and then he'll join his brothers at the table for a little artistic fun. Mostly, when he does decide to draw, he likes to draw "happy faces." Only one per page, so he goes through paper pretty fast. Here's a series he did last week:



Which is why I was so impressed when he brought this home from school. Wow! Not only did he draw an actual picture with more than just happy faces, but he got pretty detailed with this one. His teacher added notes about what everything was (you can click on the picture to enlarge and see the labels). I'm glad, because I probably wouldn't have guessed that the big dark-blue guy at the bottom was a giant bug :).






For more Magic Marker Monday, visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs.




If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

9 comments:

Floortime Lite Mama on March 16, 2009 at 9:44 AM said...

Wow I am so impressed with the crafts
R struggles with FIne Motor skills a lot

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of a leprechan trap before. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Staci A on March 16, 2009 at 11:26 AM said...

Those are great! Love his Leprechaun trap, it's so amazing to see what little one's imagine up!

Oh, and my little one has dropped the "ST" all together. We are celebrating Patrick's Day.

monica on March 16, 2009 at 2:30 PM said...

Love the idea of a leprechan trap! Your kids did a great job of making them and the happy face drawings are awesome.

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day.

Anonymous said...

The Leprechaun trap idea is new to me, too. Very cute!

Nice progress (maturation) display from Bitty.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for leprechaun traps :D He did such a great job that I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he nabs one ;)

I love the smilie face series and that picture with the bug is too cute for words! I think the bug and the bird are my favorites :)

~Michelle @ 5MFSN

Anonymous said...

P.S.

Happy S-T Patrick's Day! ;)

~Michelle

debi9kids on March 17, 2009 at 2:17 AM said...

I love these projects!
LOVE all of those faces :)

ps So sad i was away and not able to do Magic marker monday. I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

now those are some talented kiddos there - they never cease to amaze us don't they? Little Man is constantly coming home with new drawings or new collages of some sort. I have so many I don't know where to store them.

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin