Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Beautiful!


A couple of weeks ago, Little Bitty picked up the word "beautiful" when I used it to describe his artwork. He's not much on coloring (well, on paper anyway, he likes walls just fine) so I was impressed to see him at work with some crayons. Of course, I ooh'd and aah'd over his drawing and told him "I love it, it's beautiful!"

He smiled really big and said "dee-fooh" (his version of "beautiful") for the first time. It was so sweet!

This morning he climbed on my lap, touched my face (gently for once, lol) and said "dee-fooh." I don't know if he meant it to say "you're beautiful," "I love you," or just "I'm glad you're here" but either way it was obviously said with love and he was just precious! Of course I told him he's beautiful and gave him a kiss, which made him smile.

I'd love to hear from others, tell me about the precious, simple moments you've shared with your family.

3 comments:

The Shabby Princess on July 8, 2008 at 11:01 AM said...

Hi!
I just wanted to stop by and leave a note and not be a lurker. I teach Sunday school to young children at my church and one of the children I teach is a 7 year old autistic boy who I love. I've actually stayed with my class 3 years (instead of them moving up when they get older, we all move up together) because I love him so much and might be a little bit over protective of him...

Anyways, speaking of sweet little things that children do and say, his family was out of town for a few weeks, and when they got back, he gave me a big hug and said "miissd", which, we translated to "missed". I missed him too :)

Trish on July 8, 2008 at 4:26 PM said...

That's so sweet - what a cutie! My son's new thing is to take my husband's and my hands and put them together so we can "fell in love", as he puts it. :)

danette on July 12, 2008 at 2:27 PM said...

what sweet stories :) thanks for sharing them!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin