Monday, July 28, 2008

Magic Marker Monday


Here's my first participation in "Magic Marker Monday."


This is a poem written by Cuddlebug this past spring (1st grade) about Poptarts, which as you can see, he likes :).

Poptarts

I like them. Ask me why.
Because they taste like dessert.
Because there are lots of flavors.
Because the taste is inside.
Because you don't have to microwave it.
Because, because, because.
That's why. I like Poptarts.

Here's a drawing Bearhug did for school in Kindergarten (2006-07), it was about a day I had taken off work and taken them to the park :).

"Me and Mom went to the park."

And here's some coloring from Little Bitty (spring 2008):


I don't have a lot of artwork from him, he doesn't like to color much due to fine motor issues. He's working on it though!

8 comments:

Shannon @ Gabi's World on July 28, 2008 at 9:41 AM said...

What great artists you have. Don't worry Little Bitty will soon discover the joy and that it can be done!

Anonymous said...

Aww -- these are all just great! :D

I think that pop-tart poem is destined to be a classic and I just love the drawing of the park with the detailed trails and play equipment -- super cute!

And YAY! for Little Bitty -- that's some fabulous coloring! Just wait till he learns how fun walls are to color on... ;)

Anonymous said...

How sweet- all of them! I love the poptart poem and the drawing about your day at the park. It made me feel that someday Daniel will be able to describe something that he likes, or illustrate something that we did. That will be such a happy, happy day. Thanks for the inspiration! Great job, boys!! :)

debi9kids on July 28, 2008 at 2:58 PM said...

Three wonderful pieces of art! Just great boys!!!

Kari on July 28, 2008 at 3:41 PM said...

Terrific artwork!!
Tristan doesn't have much interest in colouring either.

Trish on July 28, 2008 at 9:14 PM said...

Very nice - I like seeing a little bit from everybody! My son has never taken to coloring, but he will draw and write now, so that is a big relief at least. :)

danette on July 29, 2008 at 1:07 AM said...

Thanks!

childlife - unfortunately, he's already discovered walls, and he prefers them to paper, lol. Maybe next week I'll post pictures of his wall art from before we painted over it (and hid the crayons unless we're right there watching him).

Anonymous said...

The pop tart poem reminds me of a Shel Silverstein poem...love it to pieces.

The detail of the park with mommy drawing is fabulous. Clearly, he had a good time.

The little one did wonderfully, too. He'll come around to like coloring more. I remember when one day all of a sudden my Wil began loving to draw (he has CP and fine motor skills difficulties).

I'm catching up from Monday. :)

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin