Wednesday, July 16, 2008

How "Little Bitty" got his nickname, and other tidbits


When we brought LB home from the hospital, his brothers were so excited to meet him for the first time! We did not try to have them come to the hospital to meet him. Two overstimulated and hyperactive 3-yr-old boys + expensive hospital equipment and stressed out nurses = disaster waiting to happen!

Of course the first thing CB wanted to know was how he got out of my tummy, and could he see the "door" in my tummy? (umm, no) BH brought me an armful of toys for LB to play with, he didn't realize at first that newborns can't really play with toys but it was a sweet gesture.CB absolutely adored his baby brother. He told everyone that would listen, "He's a little bitty! He's a little bitty baby! He's a little bitty baby precious!" Before long, he was calling him Little Bitty every time he talked to him, and the name kind of stuck.
I guess it could have been worse... CB also loved to shower his baby brother with kisses, and for some reason he especially loved to kiss his chubby little legs, or as he put it, "I love his juicy legs!" LOL If I had pants on him, he'd push the pants legs up so he could kiss his legs, and a couple of times I thought LB's diaper had leaked only to realize that his legs were wet from slobber kisses. Very sweet!

So, LB should be glad he ended up with the nickname "Little Bitty" b/c at least we didn't end up calling him "Juicy Legs." LOL

4 comments:

Maddy on July 17, 2008 at 4:13 PM said...

Yes that would not have been fun to call across the park!
Cheers

Trish on July 17, 2008 at 11:51 PM said...

What great big brothers right from the start! I love the image of CB kissing his legs. :)

Cheryl Lage on July 18, 2008 at 9:12 AM said...

What gorgeous, gorgeous boys you have!

"Slobbery legs!" what a precious dicovery that must have been!

Really like your blog, and think I will look into the book you've reviewed so well below.

Thanks for coming by my blog, I'm glad to have found yours!

Delane on July 22, 2008 at 12:51 AM said...

A friend of mine calls my youngest boy "juicy" and it cracked me up to hear you call your little one that! Life with three boys is never boring, enjoy!

Thanks for visiting my blog, its fun to see another mom with three boys!!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin