Saturday, January 31, 2009

Things to be thankful for (our day so far)


The first thing Little Bitty said to me this morning was, "Trees... I wike trees" Pretty random, lol :).

Bearhug: "I had a great dream last night, everything was donuts. A hammer was a donut. A bed was a donut. I ate them all. It was great until I got sick from eating too many donuts." Yep, eating tools and furniture that are really donuts will do that.

Cuddlebug: "Hey Mama, guess what we call this big red ball? Big Red Ball." lol

Bearhug: "This ball started out flat, then we put air in it, then the air will come out and it will be flat again. Then we'll put air in it again. That's the life cycle of a ball."

In fact, they are so excited about the Big Red Ball that they asked me, "Are we blessed, Mama?" I said yes. They decided to say a special prayer to thank Heavenly Father for their ball. It was humbling for me to see how quickly they realize who is responsible for all our blessings, even big red bouncy balls.





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

7 comments:

Mel on January 31, 2009 at 12:11 PM said...

Nothing like our amazing kids to bring us back to the truth :)

My Three Sons on January 31, 2009 at 2:07 PM said...

I really like the doughnuts...hammers doughnuts? WOW, I wonder which one has a sweet tooth in your family? LOL

Very nice and calm morning so far. I hope the rest of your day is this cute and entertaining.

Anonymous said...

Pooling money and saving-up for the ball, wow. That is really good for any child. Bless you!
Barbara

CC on February 1, 2009 at 6:52 PM said...

I wish a nice big, red ball could make my day too!

Debbie @ Three Weddings on February 1, 2009 at 10:08 PM said...

I need Bearhug to come over and give me dream lessons. I like his dreams! My dreams last night were no fun!

Anonymous said...

I never considered the life cycle of a ball before. Brilliant!

Elizabeth Channel on February 6, 2009 at 8:27 PM said...

Life cycle of a ball---a deep thinker you've got there : )

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin