Monday, January 12, 2009

Overdue thanks!


I wrote this on Friday night and didn't post it because when I finally finished it was very late and I was too tired to make the rounds letting everyone know about their awards. Over the weekend whenever I was able to steal some computer time, my google reader was calling my name, so it still didn't get posted. Anyway, so today I'm going to go ahead and post it this morning, and tonight I'll post comments letting everyone know, and if you happen to find it in the meantime, that's cool too! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finally have some quiet time and I'm getting caught up, yay!

First, I want to thank Krystal at Mommy's Escape 6.0. She wrote such a sweet and generous post about Everyday Adventures in her cyber-secret Santa post. She totally made my day with that one :). The post was part of Spin Cycle, hosted by Sprite's Keeper. Krystal - you're such a great friend and an awesome mom, I'm glad to know you! (((hugs)))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I have been given some awards in the last few weeks (months?) so I want to express my thanks for those and pass them along. I'm going to try to be more timely with these in the future :).

Elizabeth of Three Channels was kind enough to award me the following three awards. Thank you!


The qualifications to receive the award are:
A. Display a cheerful attitude.
B. Love one another.
C. Make mistakes.
D. Learn from others.
E. Be a positive contributor to the blog world.
F. Love life.
G. Love kids.

The Rules:

1. Must link it back to the creator.
2. Post the rules.
3. Choose 5 people to give it to.
4. Recipients must fill the characteristics above.
5. Create a post to share this.
6. You must thank the winner.

This one goes out to:

Rhema's Hope
My Inner Bitsy
A Celebration of Our Journey
If Only I Had Superpowers
Special Considerations




Now, here are the *rules* that go along with this award:

1. Put the award up on your blog
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you
3. Nominate at least seven other blogs
4. Add links to these blogs on your blog
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog

My picks for this one are:

Izzy 'N Emmy
The Farmer Files
Musings of the Wife of a Pilot
Experiencing Each Moment
Whitterer on Autism
Life's Sweet Passions
Still Crazy After All These Years




This award in particular requires that I list six things that make me happy along with six other worthy bloggers that I’ll bestow this trinket to.

Six things that make me happy:

1. Seeing Bitty's jubilant run - whenever he asks me for something he takes off running as soon as I get up to get it for him.

2. When Cuddlebug tells me something makes him happy because when he says that, he means it.

3. Bearhug laughing, whether I get the joke or not I can't help laughing with him.

4. The fact that dh cleans the cats litter box so I don't have to :)

5. Clear, sunny days when it's not too hot and not too cold.

6. Curling up with a good book.

I'm giving this one to:

Pancakes Gone Awry
Chanelle and Tristan
Life With Meechi
pictures, prose, and (scrapbook) pages
Just Add Laughter
Not too sticky
Momma's Gone over the Wall



Julie at A Celebration of Our Journey and Alisha at Izzy 'N Emmy gave me this cool award. Thanks!

This award is meant for people who are positive, show gratitude, and of course: make lemons out of lemonade!

The rules for this award are that you post the graphic for it, write a post that links back to the giver, and then pass it on to up to ten others. Leave a comment on the blogs that get the award, so they know what's happened.

I'm passing this one along to:

My Three Sons - a great mom who knows the joy of raising boys :), her family has been through a lot but she keeps a positive attitude and shows a lot of faith.

Mommy's Escape 6.0 - I'm so glad I found her blog, she's a fellow autism mom with 5 kids on the spectrum + an adorable new baby, she rocks!

Three Channels - she's a great writer and mom who finds the humor in all kinds of situations, her blog is well worth the time to read.

Autism Family Adventures - a single mom with two kids on the spectrum, and she gives a LOT of her time in support of other autism families. I don't know how she keeps up!

Rhema's Hope - she continually inspires me with her strong faith in God and her devotion to her family.



Alisha at Izzy 'N Emmy granted these two awards:



The rules for these awards are:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

Mommy's Escape 6.0
A Celebration of Our Journey
My Inner Bitsy
Three Channels
The Farmer Files
If Only I Had Superpowers
Special Considerations
Life's Sweet Passions
Musings of the Wife of a Pilot
Whitterer on Autism





And, this one I wasn't technically awarded but I am going to take Krystal up on her open offer to grab this one :). (A) because I want to pass an award on to my brother for his awesome pilot blog (check it out for some great pictures of the Alaska skies and lots of airplanes) but I need a non-girly-looking award to give him :), and (B) it's a cool award and I know Krystal won't mind me snagging it!

This award is for any blog that truly ‘measures up’.

Rules

1. Say one nice thing to a man someone in your life.
To my husband - you're the best!

2. List at least six ways that you measure success in your life (or for your blog).
A) Hugs from my boys
B) Averting an oncoming meltdown (not saying I can do that all the time or even very often, but when I do, I consider it a very successful moment!)
C) Helping my boys succeed
D) Time spent with my family
E) Balancing work, home, church, and not letting anyone down (easier said than done)
F) Supporting my friends

3. Assign this award to six other blogs and leave them a comment telling the blogger that you’ve assigned them this award.

My Life as a Pilot
The Bon Bon Gazette
A Voice for Moms
Zen Ventures
TherExtras
Boondock Ramblings

4. Link back to the blog that you received this award from.
Thank you Krystal :).


NOTE - these are stress-free awards! Pass them on if and when you get a chance to, or not at all, that's ok too.





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

20 comments:

Rebecca on January 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM said...

I'm feeling the love! Thank you so much! ((HUGS))

Patty O. on January 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM said...

Wow, thanks! I am so bad about doing these awards. I always forget--but I will try to figure out who to give this to. Thanks!

Unknown on January 12, 2009 at 2:13 PM said...

Holy cow that's a lot of awards. Of course your blog is great so it makes sense that so many have been passed on to you!

Thanks for thinking of me and my little blog. I will post about it soon.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! :D

CC on January 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM said...

Wow! I'm so honored!! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
BTW, you are so deserving of all of these awards. You have such a wise and uplifting perspective. I don't know if I've ever told you this, but I first "met" you and your boys over a year ago through your video on the Five For Fighting site. I was amazed at your strength AND grace that shined through the video. Little did I know that many months later I would find your blog. A divine cyber-connection, my friend!

My Three Sons on January 12, 2009 at 11:13 PM said...

Wow!! That made my day to know that I got an award. Thanks from the bottem of my heart. It will give me something to blog about and pass on to other wonderful bloggers.

Thanks again.

Maddy on January 13, 2009 at 10:40 PM said...

Good golly I was just here a moment ago, we must be on the time time span [children in bed and a few moment to blog around before keeling over into bed!]

Thank you so much for thinking of me. Those are new ones to me so they're all the more welcome.

I don't often comment in the evening [have you noticed that trend?] as my brain is usually spent so I make lots of spelling mistakes, talk drivel and reveal myself as an idiot......I prefer to do that first thing in the morning instead.
Best wishes and many thanks

Meg on January 13, 2009 at 11:07 PM said...

Hey thanks!!! I always love reading your blog and you leave the nicest comments on mine! I appreciate you!

Staci A on January 13, 2009 at 11:48 PM said...

Thanks so much! You're so sweet to have thought of me!

Mel on January 14, 2009 at 1:14 AM said...

Thanks you know i read this post before and did not see me on there LOL...:)

Amazing_Grace on January 14, 2009 at 7:02 AM said...

Good gosh! I didn't see my name here for an award when I read the post the other day. Do you have an idiot award for me instead? LOL!

Thank you for the award!

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Thank you, lonestar! I had scrolled through this yesterday and didn't even see my name!

I will add it to my fridge door on my blog.

I sure appreciate the permission to do with it as I choose. I never know how tied-into these things people are.
Barbara

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings on January 14, 2009 at 8:57 AM said...

Thanks for the award. I'm awful at setting down and doing these but I will try to get to it very soon!

Thanks again!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander on January 14, 2009 at 11:58 AM said...

Aw shucks! Thank you! I am honored to be thought of and will pass it along soon.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I am so late in receiving my awards but I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

And of course I don't mind you snagging the award, that's what it is for.

I am also very glad I found your blog and I come by every chance I get - you and your boys are a true sign of love and family.

((HUGS))

The Farmer Files on January 14, 2009 at 8:39 PM said...

Mahalo for thinking of me! I am doing my very best to keep up these days with posting! Hotel life makes me climb the walls!

Unknown on January 17, 2009 at 10:17 PM said...

Thanks so much! I will definitely get this passed on before the end of the weekend!!!


I really love your blog. I have a great friend who has an autistic son, and I now work in Special Ed. Your blog is very inspirational! :)

Elizabeth Channel on January 20, 2009 at 4:02 PM said...

I love the puppy award! So perfect for me! Thanks so much for all the excitement!

Penelope on January 20, 2009 at 4:28 PM said...

Phew, I bet it feels good to have that done with! Thanks for the wonderful awards, and I've posted them on my blog (finally, I know it took me forever) with a link back to you! Have a great week!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin