Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dad's perspective


As many of you know, dh is a SAHD and has been since Cuddlebug and Bearhug were 6 weeks old. Rene and Kim over at Special Needs Neighborhood asked if he'd be interested in doing an interview about what it's like to be a SAHD with special needs children. It will be posted in parts, so far parts 1 and 2 are up.

Head on over there and leave some "comment love" for dh, I know he'd appreciate it :).

A Father's Perspective on Parenting Children with Autism - part 1
A Father's Perspective on Parenting Children with Autism - part 2
A Father's Perspective on Parenting Children with Autism - part 3 (final)

I'll leave this post at the top and keep adding links until the whole interview is up.

If you haven't been to Special Needs Neighborhood, it's a great site with lots of resources, and their blog has some informative posts as well, worth the read.





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

8 comments:

Amazing_Grace on January 16, 2009 at 9:31 AM said...

Oooooooo these articles should be great! Thanks for sharing them! :)

The Farmer Files on January 16, 2009 at 4:55 PM said...

Read the two; they were very good. I was inspired by keeping the kids a year ahead of grade level.

Anonymous said...

I hope to get over there tomorrow to read and comment. My Hubby was a SAHD for 11 years. We could have SOME conversations.

Barbara

Jen on January 17, 2009 at 10:48 PM said...

He is AWESOME! (You can tell him I said that ;)

CC on January 18, 2009 at 10:19 AM said...

My husband is a SAHD too!

Patty O. on January 19, 2009 at 10:39 AM said...

Cool! I can't wait to read it. I will have my DH read it as well. I am sure he will be interested.

Patty O. on January 23, 2009 at 5:42 PM said...

OK, I still have only read the first article (it is hard to get onto the computer lately) but it was really good. And inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Hey, is there a way that I can get this interview in it's entirety? I think it would be great to share with my husband who is the SAHD as well as with the little ones's teacher - let me know - thanks!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin