Saturday, January 10, 2009

Progress reports in, IEP season coming up


Good news - this time both Cuddlebug and Bearhug got straight A's! On their last progress report, Cuddlebug got straight A's, while Bearhug had 4 A's and 2 B's (also very good!). I guess competitiveness turned out to be a good thing in this case, b/c when Bearhug saw that Cuddlebug had straight A's he was motivated to put in a little extra effort and it has paid off :).

They are also doing well on their IEP goals, although Cuddlebug continues to struggle with arguing with his teachers (have I mentioned he is never wrong? about anything? at least according to him). He can be quite stubborn (yes, that's an understatement).

In other news, we are embarking on what I have come to think of as "IEP season," otherwise known as spring semester. We'll kick it off with Cuddlebug's IEP meeting next week, followed by Little Bitty's in mid-March, and Bearhug's in April. Well, actually now that I think about it, we did have an update on Bitty's IEP in the fall so actually I think his next update will be in either late May or early August.

Do ya'll think it would be helpful to have a section where I share some of their IEP goals, past and present? I know it helps me sometimes to come up with ideas / suggestions to bring to the meetings when I read other IEP goals online.





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

5 comments:

Sprite's Keeper on January 10, 2009 at 4:12 PM said...

Sometimes natural competition spurs us to do better. My sister refused to potty train until I started, then all of a sudden, she was all for it. My mother got us both trained quickly because we were trying to one up each other.
Your boys are gorgeous!

Mel on January 10, 2009 at 4:31 PM said...

i do think an IEP section would be great. I know when mine were in pub school IEP were a minefield.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the grades boys! :)

I think everyone can benefit from sharing IEP info. Please post! :)

I posted some at my blog that might be helpful.

http://momsofspecialneedschildren1.blogspot.com/search/label/IEP

Unknown on January 11, 2009 at 7:33 AM said...

That is great they are doing so well!! I think an IEP section is a great idea :)

danette on January 14, 2009 at 8:19 AM said...

Thanks!

Ok, watch for an IEP section, coming soon :).

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin