Saturday, January 17, 2009

Meeting Glenn Beck


We weren't formally introduced or anything, but when Glenn Beck was in our area for his book signing tour, dh and I decided to go. Knowing that we'd probably have to wait in line for a while, and knowing how much our boys love waiting in lines, we arranged to have Bearhug and Cuddlebug play with their friend across the street for a while and we took Bitty with us.

We arrived about 2 hrs before he was scheduled to be there, so we were near the front of the line. Dh held our place in line while Bitty and I walked around to keep him occupied. When it got closer, we joined dh in the line. I took some pictures while we were waiting:


Bitty was done looking at the camera when it was my turn:


A mother / daughter pair in line next to us, I liked their shirts so I asked if I could take their picture for my blog :)


Little Bitty entertaining himself while we waited


Glenn Beck's crew kept the line moving pretty fast so we didn't get to stop and chat, but we shook his hand and he patted Mr. Bitty on the head :), and after that I walked back over to take a couple of pictures. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy and I was impressed that he focused on looking people in the eye as he greeted them, rather than focusing on signing books. That made for some squiggly signatures, sure, but still I thought that said something about what he felt was more important.



I got a picture of the tour bus parked outside as we went out to our car.



If you haven't read his book, "The Christmas Sweater" yet, it's a quick read but will stay with you long after you finish the book. My review of it is posted here.





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool!

Barbara

Jen on January 17, 2009 at 10:47 PM said...

That's so COOL! A's always wanted to go to one of his shows when he tours. We have a "date" to watch the new show next week. We love Glenn Beck :)

Floortime Lite Mama on January 20, 2009 at 11:45 AM said...

Lovely post .. you are so pretty

Elizabeth Channel on January 20, 2009 at 4:11 PM said...

H and Joseph met him, too, at our local book signing. He does seem so authentic!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time was spent and Bitty looks like he was very well behaved!!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin