Friday, January 30, 2009

A few updates from our week


Highlights from this week:

Little Bitty continues to throw a fit every. single. morning. :P He calms down by the time he gets to school but I wish I didn't have to wrestle with him every day just to get him dressed. He was doing so good before the Christmas break... but ever since going back mornings have been rough.

Cuddlebug and Bearhug earn "money" at school for listening, working hard, and good behavior, which they can then use to "buy" things from the treasure box. They decided to pool their resources to save up for a large squishy ball (their teacher is planning to replace it soon so she put it up for "sale"). They've been saving ALL YEAR (lol, that means all month) for that ball and today, they finally had enough to earn it. They were beyond ecstatic :). I'm really proud of them for working so hard!

Little Bitty still has a bump / bruise right in the middle of his forehead from his dancing mishap the other day. He was doing this dance on the kitchen floor, in socks, which turned out to be a bad combination. Somehow he slipped so fast that he fell face first onto the floor. For whatever reason, he didn't put his hands out to catch himself :(. It doesn't seem to bother him, hopefully it will go away soon.

Cuddlebug was talking to me the other day in the bedroom and started asking about the quilt on our bed. It is one that my mom crocheted for me years ago. He asked me what it is made of, and how Grandma made it. He said he likes all the squares and told me the colors make him happy. :) I asked if he wanted me to put it on his bed and his face lit up. Needless to say the colorful quilt is now in his room :).

We had a friend come over to visit, and during the conversation Bearhug interjected, "80% of people believe in God." I wasn't totally following the conversation so I'm not sure if that was related to the discussion or not. We asked him how he knew that, and he said he saw it on the news, he said on Nov 10. "And 71% believe in angels, 59% believe in deebil, and 36% believe in unfos." We figured out pretty quick that the 59% believe in the devil, but the unfos confused us. "36% believe in unfos? what are unfos?" "Unfos" he repeated. We asked him how it was spelled, and he said "U-F-O" LOL, "Oh, UFO's" "Yeah," he said, "unfos" :) Sure enough, I did some checking and there was a Harris poll released in December with those exact statistics. The surveyed people the week of Nov 10, which I'm pretty sure that date was on the broadcast he saw which is probably why he remembered it. His memory is pretty amazing!

Little Bitty is learning to put on his underwear by himself. Only thing is, he keeps putting it on backward... I think maybe he likes to be able to see the picture on the back :).





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

6 comments:

hellokittiemama on January 31, 2009 at 1:59 AM said...

Oh wow, good luck on the mornings and getting back into a routine without fights/meltdowns.

So many amazing/subtle updates here that brought such a smile to my face - the blanket (I have one that my Alex tookover too!) and also the uncanny ability to remember stats, etc. UNFOS - chuckle.

Now, about those backwards underoos - as long as he doesn't try to use the flap I guess its harmless but can't be really all that comfortable.. or maybe, more comfortable (less space for tiny hiney and more space for boyparts?)

:) have a great weekend!

My Three Sons on January 31, 2009 at 2:30 AM said...

That is one great memory. My son can do that with sports facts and it just amazes me. That is something that he did remember those types of statistics.

I'm sure you have tried everything but how about having your son pick out his clothes the night before? Then that is his choice and he doesn't fight so much in the morning? I'm so sorry your dealing with that. I know how hard it is to get out in the mornings and never easy when you are dealing with a cranky child.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Amazing_Grace on January 31, 2009 at 7:47 AM said...

Have you tried laying out all his clothes the night before with him? He can help pick it out and know what he is going to wear (do this at the same time every night). Just a thought. Does he have a visual schedule of his Morning Breakdown (that's what MONK and I called his)? That might help as well. :) Make a picture and/or written schedule (which ever works best for your child. Go over yours with LB and practice it with him.

Morning Breakdown (this is my son's for an example)

1. Wake up at 6:00
2. Go to the bathroom.
3. Wash face.
4. Make bed.
5. Eat breakfast.
6. Brush teeth.
7. Take off pajamas.
8. Hang up pajamas.
9. Get dressed.
10. Bring down book bag and coat.
11. Pack lunch and put in book bag.
11. Put on shoes.
12. Put on coat.
13. Leave house at 7:20
14. Go to bus stop.

As for putting on underwear backwards, many military personnel do that so their underwear will last several days (they rotate it around on their bodies and even wear it inside out). LOL!

Floortime Lite Mama on January 31, 2009 at 8:57 PM said...

wwow i am speecchless how smart

Rebecca on February 1, 2009 at 12:23 AM said...

Bug puts his pants on backwards.. not sure why, but he does it every time.

unfos, LOL! Love it!

Anonymous said...

ditto hellokittiemama.
(what a great oline name!)

Barbara

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin