Friday, January 16, 2009

The day of many baths


I've been meaning to post about this... last Sunday we had a day of many baths for Little Bitty. First up - his regular bath, just because. He HATES taking a bath these days (sometimes he loves it, sometimes he hates it, doesn't seem to be much in between) so he screamed the entire time. I got almost as wet as he was from all the splashing, and the fact that I had to physically hold him in the tub (and/or block him from climbing out) with one hand and try to wash him with the other. Do you know how hard it is to keep a slippery, soapy little boy who is *determined* to get out of the tub, in the tub? I know some of you reading this know exactly what I'm talking about.

Anyway, after all this nonsense, I finished washing him and backed up to get him a towel, telling him he could get out now. And immediately he plopped himself down into the tub and decided he wanted to stay a while and play. AAAHHHHH! Mind you, those bath toys were there during his big fit too, but he wasn't at all interested in them until it was time to get out.

Our church meetings are at 11am now (yay!) so I had some time to let him play in hopes that next time he wouldn't put up a big fight about getting in the tub in the first place.

No such luck. A few hours later (after church), he had a blowout in his pull-up (he still won't do #2 in the potty). He attempted to clean himself up before we realized what had happened (dh and I had both dozed off on the couch) and basically just ended up making a huge mess which was too much for a few wipes (or even a lot of wipes) to clean up.

So we headed back to the tub for bath #2. Bitty was NOT HAPPY about this turn of events, and fought me every step of the way. When he was clean, he wanted to stay in and play but that time I said no (because the water was gross) and made him get out. He eventually calmed down and went about his business.

A little while later, he was cuddling up and I realized he still smelled, well, like poop. How is that possible?!? And then I remembered... whenever Little Bitty has anything on his hands he will use his hair as a napkin. Grossy-gross. And having forgotten that little tidbit (and having not seen anything out of the ordinary in his hair) I had just washed his body and not his hair during bath #2.

So bath #3 ensued, which that time was actually a shower in an attempt to make it fast. Yeah, he wasn't impressed with that one either, and I felt bad having to subject him to yet another one but there is no way I could send my baby to school the next day with that smell in his hair.

So by bedtime, he was one clean, good-smelling guy and thankfully he had forgiven me for the baths.





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

3 comments:

Jenny on January 16, 2009 at 11:31 AM said...

Oh, wow. I can remember those days of Jackson HATING the bath, so I feel for you having to do 3 baths in one day! Funny thing is, I had forgotten until I read your post about how bad baths used to be at our house. Thanks for the (unintentional) reminder - that's something else I can record as progress!

CC on January 18, 2009 at 10:20 AM said...

Yuck and bummer for everyone :(

Anonymous said...

I can so relate! Poor little guy! Poor mom! lol!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin