Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm losing the battle...


...with my hair. :( I'm not even 35 yet (at least not for another few days) and the white hairs just keep popping up. Yes, they are not even grey, they are WHITE!

The first one showed up when I was 27, which just happened to be the year that Cuddlebug and Bearhug were born. Coincidence? You decide...

It was just one or two, and I yanked them out and moved on. Of course they grow back, and I yank them out again. Every now and then I notice a few more, and a few more. The other day I was busily isolating them and pulling them out again when I realized... there are too many to pull them all out. Unless I want to waste a lot of time, which I don't.

I have pretty thick hair, so I don't think it's too noticeable yet, but still. My hair is dark brown, so glaring white hairs are hard to hide.

I suppose I could start coloring my hair more often... it's something I do about once a year just for fun when I'm in the mood, not to cover up my few white hairs. I always color it red, which results in dark auburn. The only issue with doing that as these white hairs multiply is that it doesn't turn them dark auburn like the rest of my hair, it turns them (are you sitting down for this?) pink.

Sigh.

Ok, enough of the random nonsense, will return to regularly scheduled posting tomorrow :).




If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

13 comments:

My Three Sons on January 14, 2009 at 1:17 AM said...

Well.....Pink is a good color right? LOL

I wish you lived closer. I actually own a day spa and would love to help you. Oh well, that is just a part of life. I'm 34 and I have noticed some grey hair since Carson was born. I'm sure that is just a fluke as well.

Mel on January 14, 2009 at 7:21 AM said...

It is Silver hair, not white, not gray SILVER so my stylist reminds me...

Amazing_Grace on January 14, 2009 at 8:02 AM said...

Being married and being a mother takes A LOT out of you. :)

I'll be 49 in March and I have strawberry blonde hair (I call it red). I don't think my grey hair is that noticeable (I hope not) and I'm too lazy to color it.

danette on January 14, 2009 at 8:17 AM said...

@My three sons - thanks :) actually maybe pink hair will make me look younger? haha

@Mel - Silver! I like that :)

@AG - it takes effort huh? that's why I only color it about once a year :).

Floortime Lite Mama on January 14, 2009 at 9:18 AM said...

I totally hear you
I am tryihg to stave off the inevitable so far by simply pulling the odd ones out

kristi on January 14, 2009 at 11:41 AM said...

Really? Pink hair?

I have a few gray/white but I color my hair and I will for a lot of years to come!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. I had to laugh, but I want to hug you too! I'm started to get some whites too. Just a couple and I don't think anyone knows. (Well, now they do!) I think they blend in because I have a lot of blond around my face, so I think it's hard to tell...but I know they're there! I don't want to color my hair, but I'm not ready to be "old"!!

Patty O. on January 14, 2009 at 8:29 PM said...

Finally one physical attribute that I inherited from my mom that I like--she didn't go grey until well into her forties. So far, I have detected no greys on my head. Of course, I haven't been looking. I believe ignorance is bliss.

I like what Mel says about it being silver. Silver is really in lately. Oprah's magaizne did a whole spread about women who went grey and how beautiful and trendy it is.

The Farmer Files on January 14, 2009 at 8:38 PM said...

and you didn't include pictures of the pink hair for us? ;)

Meg on January 14, 2009 at 8:42 PM said...

LOL, I'm in the same boat! Very dark hair with lots of pure white coming in. I started highlighting my hair this last summer to help hide them. So now my hair is dark brown, white, and blond! So very natural! ;)

Molly on January 14, 2009 at 10:43 PM said...

Hi, so I totally just found your blog but I gotta comment. I'm 20. I just got bangs at my last hair cut. In my bangs there are a lot of silver hairs. Noticeable white hairs. To the point where some random lady in the gym said "your silver hairs are really beautiful" ARGH!

My hairdresser said to coat them with mascara.

-Molly

Kari on January 15, 2009 at 8:46 AM said...

I recently have started coloring my hair. I got the greys. My hair is naturally quite blond so they haven't showed up too bad. BUT now I have so many I just have no choice.
I was actually considering doing the 2 tone hair style and making the bottom layer pink. I'm not brave enough though LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing
Best Regards from Turkey!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin