Thursday, December 17, 2009

What's in a name?


Cuddlebug and Bearhug decided a few weeks ago to start calling me "Mom" instead of "Mama." I think some other kids may have given them a hard time about saying "Mama," who knows. They made the switch overnight... one day I was "Mama" and the next? Suddenly I was "Mom."

I was not prepared for how weird it would feel or how long it is taking to get used to, but I am slowly getting used to it. They have always called me "Mama" and now they sound so grown-up, calling me "Mom." sniff :(

Something tells me it won't be any easier when Bitty decides he's too old to say "Mama" :/





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine haven't switched to Mom yet. I dread the day...

Anonymous said...

Awww! I know the feeling. Daniel used to call me Mama or even earlier "Mum-mum". There's something special about it, isn't there?! =)

Autismland Penny on December 17, 2009 at 9:12 PM said...

I had a similar experience when my youngest stopped watching Noggin. I also suspect that she got grief from someone about it but she seems so grown now with her tv choices. I'm sniffing alongside you!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin