Saturday, December 26, 2009

Family pictures!


The last - and only - time we've had family pictures done was five years ago, when Cuddlebug and Bearhug were three years old and I was still pregnant with Bitty (so technically he's in the pictures, you just can't actually see him):



Taking our boys to have pictures done is such an ordeal, and one that I typically embark on by myself when I can work up the nerve to attempt it. I try to go at least once a year. Sometimes I take them separately rather than all three together. Convincing dh to come along for family pictures is another challenge :).

But seeing as how Bitty will be turning five soon, I figured it was time to try and have family pictures done. I made a deal with dh that I wouldn't drag him along again for another five years (hehe). There was much complaining from Cuddlebug and Bearhug, and a near-meltdown from Bitty that involved shoe-throwing and attempted stripping (finally calmed by some Baby Einstein books and Oreos). I was worried that they might not even go into the studio when it was our turn, but as luck would have it the photographer turned out to be someone we know from church. She is familiar with the boys' sensory issues and she used to be one of Bitty's nursery teachers, and I think it really helped the boys to have someone familiar. I didn't even realize she worked there, it's not the location we usually go to but it is closer to their school than our usual one and we had scheduled the appointment for shortly after school (I was off work for the afternoon to attend their school parties and we figured it might be better to go on a weekday than to try going on a busy pre-holiday Saturday).

Despite all the stress, I think these turned out really good :). This was my Christmas present from dh and the boys :).



I really like this one of the boys together. It wasn't planned that way, she just snapped the picture when they were being silly. This is what they look like much of the time :).


This one's a little "calmer," lol. Love their expressions :). Bearhug is on the left in this one, Cuddlebug is on the right.


And she got some individual pics of the boys too:


We hadn't planned on getting any of just the two of us, but these turned out nice. The first one is my favorite :).



This one she took when Bitty and I weren't expecting it, I really like it. At the time, we were pretty much done and I was giving him a hug and telling him what a good job he did.



So now dh is off the hook for another five years, and the boys are off the hook until next year (they are growing boys, surely you didn't think I'd wait another five years for them? hehe). ;)





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

8 comments:

Kim @ What's That Smell on December 27, 2009 at 9:29 AM said...

Beautiful family pictures! I hope you had a magical Christmas this year!

CC on December 27, 2009 at 12:47 PM said...

looks great!! Good job!

Trish on December 27, 2009 at 12:51 PM said...

Wonderful pictures! I'm so glad it worked out - it was definitely worth it for these shots.

I have been thinking we need to get a family picture done. The only one we have is from 2003.

My Three Sons on December 27, 2009 at 2:31 PM said...

I'm not sure how long you took for the whole session but you have some great pictures in there. I love the family one with your husband on the floor and everyone around him. I also really like the one with you in the rocking chair and everyone around you.

The silly picture is really cute as well.

You have such a beautiful family.

Thanks for sharing.

MommyToTwoBoys on December 27, 2009 at 2:56 PM said...

Those pictures are great! What a beautiful family.

So many people asked me how we got our kids to actually pose and I said we picked the best take out of 50 and it looks like you did the same. You have some fun candid shots like we did!

Beverly on December 29, 2009 at 4:27 PM said...

great photos!

Anonymous said...

I love the way DH is being "held down" in all the pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

They look great! =)

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin