Sunday, December 20, 2009

The countdown continues...


The boys are all excited for Christmas and it's been so fun having Bitty into it. He is making up for lost time, singing Christmas songs (in his own way) and he keeps pulling this one present out from under the tree wanting to open it. "Opeh... 'Bitty' opeh da book. You wah opeh?" Have I already mentioned that I need to be a little more sneaky with putting things into boxes before I wrap them next year? Anyway, it's always the same present and each time we remind him, "no open til Christmas" and then after tugging at the tape a bit he'll take it back to the tree saying "no opeh tih Cwismah."

Bearhug and Cuddlebug can hardly stand the wait as they are pretty sure they are getting a lot of Pokemon cards :). They *may* be right about that, guess we'll just have to wait and see, lol ;). I admit, we are kind of milking the whole "gotta be good because it's almost Christmas" thing... it's not exactly "super-effective" (to use a Pokemon term) but we only get to use that once a year!

I remember when they used to refer to Christmas as "The 25." That was during their calendar-obsession phase (it lasted quite a while) :).





If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

11 comments:

My Three Sons on December 20, 2009 at 1:29 PM said...

Well my older two are getting one "big" gift and a few small things. Then Carson has about 20 gifts under the tree and all I can do is assure them that their one big present cost no where near his 20. LOL


I guess next year I will buy the boys smaller, cheaper items so they can open lots of gifts.

That is really cute about the one present. I wonder what draws his attention to that ONE gift?

Happy Sunday....

Traci @ The Bakery on December 20, 2009 at 1:42 PM said...

HOWDY!! Thanks for visiting my blog! I am certainly passing your blog onto a friend of mine who has 2 sons with autism. I really think you will be a light to her. You have some really great info!! I'm off to read some more...Have a Merry Christmas! ~ Traci

CC on December 20, 2009 at 2:33 PM said...

Too cute that they had a calendar phase and called it the "25th"! ;)

Jen on December 20, 2009 at 2:53 PM said...

I'm pretty sure they are getting Pokemon cards, too ;)

Rebecca on December 20, 2009 at 5:42 PM said...

We are totally milkin the Santa thing as well! It is kinda getting ridiculous, but it works! LOL!

I made up these great Santa greetings for the kids - it is totally free, your boys may like it as well: http://portablenorthpole.tv/home They came out so awesome that I sent one to my neice as well! It's all about creating that Christmas magic, ya know?

I so love this time of year!

Anonymous said...

Aww it's so cute when they are into it isn't it! "The 25" cracked me up. My son has went through so many phases...I can relate!

Symphony of Love on December 20, 2009 at 7:24 PM said...

I could sense how excited they are from reading your post and it is making me excited too. Christmas is just so near now. :)

Anonymous said...

=) How fun! I love "the 25"!!! We can't keep presents under our tree or they'll be opened when my back is turned. I'm thinking of taking Daniel with me today to do some last minute shopping and he can help me wrap things. The gifts will have big name tags on them and I hope that he'll understand that only that person is allowed to open! It's all fun, though, last year was the first time Daniel cared at ALL about presents and that was minimal...I think there is a spark of excitement this year. =)

OneProudGrandma on December 21, 2009 at 5:20 PM said...

Ditto what Tripacerchick said. :)
He-he!

Marie on December 21, 2009 at 10:47 PM said...

Super cute! Your home sounds so much fun.

danette on December 24, 2009 at 9:02 AM said...

@Rebecca - thanks for the suggestion! I made one for each of the boys, hopefully CB / BH will like theirs and think it's fun, and not get upset now that they know about Santa :/. I think Bitty will like his :).

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin