Monday, December 21, 2009

Morning help


Thought I'd share in case anyone has similar struggles.

We figured out a new strategy for helping the boys get up and moving in the morning (especially Bearhug, and I feel his pain because I am not a morning person either). Mornings have been especially hard lately with it being dark outside and cold. After trying a few other things with little or no improvement, we asked Bearhug if it would help to have warm clothes to put on in the morning. He liked the idea, so we had him pick out his clothes the night before and the next morning we put them in the dryer for a few minutes. Sure enough, he popped out of bed with no problem to put his warm clothes on and then he was good to go.

Cuddlebug wanted to try it too, and we figured Bitty might like it too, so now every morning we put three sets of clothes in the dryer in the morning and deliver warm clothes to three sleepy boys... and our morning routine goes much more smoothly now :).




If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.

5 comments:

Symphony of Love on December 21, 2009 at 5:54 AM said...

That's interesting. Glad that this little trick helps to make the morning routine much more smoothly now.

Anonymous said...

=D I love that idea! Good for you! Sometimes I leave a sweatshirt or something on the cast iron radiator to warm up. It's so nice to have warm clothes to put on since the hardest part about getting up is leaving a warm bed!

MommyToTwoBoys on December 21, 2009 at 9:54 AM said...

I love this idea! You are so right that with is being cold and dark in the mornings it is rough.

My Three Sons on December 21, 2009 at 4:44 PM said...

Now if you can find a way to pop out of bed and have warm clothes for you! LOL

I can relate. My favorite thing in the morning is a very hot shower. That is the best medicine to waking up.

Marie on December 21, 2009 at 10:45 PM said...

What a cool idea!

 

About Me

My Photo
I'm a mom of three boys on the autism spectrum, 11-yr-old identical twins and a 7-yr-old. My husband is a SAHD.

Welcome!

You're visitor #
Locations of visitors to this page

Time Portal

Quotable

The button

Everyday Adventures

Blog stuff

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Add to Technorati Favorites

© 2011 Everyday Adventures

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin